New Scale Elam hits the for the first time

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Douglas P Shepherd

At are Wed night PWMBC club test . Greg Bentley's of Madison, In. , new DPS Elam hit the water for the first time. Lots of new stuff in distrct 14 for 08. Photo's by Big Bird

Last edited:
Gaday Guy

Just been looking at this pick ELAM_4_16_08.bmp ( 702.98K ) and noticed but might be wrong!!! :unsure: :unsure: but it looks like the strut setup has the drive dog out the back by about an inch??? :eek:

:) my question is if so is this now a legal setup as ive always known that the dog had to be under the transom .

why I ask is im building a new hydro at the moment and if there has been some rule changes that allows the strut to be setup this way it would be great as we over here in OZ run under the same principle of rules that you guys do.???? THANKS GUYS :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Gaday Guy Just been looking at this pick ELAM_4_16_08.bmp ( 702.98K ) and noticed but might be wrong!!! :unsure: :unsure: but it looks like the strut setup has the drive dog out the back by about an inch??? :eek:

:) my question is if so is this now a legal setup as ive always known that the dog had to be under the transom .

why I ask is im building a new hydro at the moment and if there has been some rule changes that allows the strut to be setup this way it would be great as we over here in OZ run under the same principle of rules that you guys do.???? THANKS GUYS :D
Rule states if the real boat ran this way so can you. (With documentating pics) I went thru the pits in Madison and measured four of the big named hulls. From the transom to the front leading edge the prop was 7.250 inches (average) 7.250 x .125 =.9062 inches back to scale (average) Thanks Doug

Last edited:
Gaday Guy Just been looking at this pick ELAM_4_16_08.bmp ( 702.98K ) and noticed but might be wrong!!! :unsure: :unsure: but it looks like the strut setup has the drive dog out the back by about an inch??? :eek:

In IMPBA the drive dog has to be under the transom and it's checked with a straight edge on the transom...UNLESS the real boat ran out the back. I don't know about this particular boat but I'm told a few modern era boats have run out the back. I would be prepared to prove it with a picture if I were goin to run that way.

At are Wed night PWMBC club test . Greg Bentley's of Madison, In. , new DPS Elam hit the water for the first time. Lots of new stuff in distrct 14 for 08. Photo's by Big Bird
See my flickr site for more pics...

Bigbird <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikebird/" target="_blank">http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikebird/</a>
Nice shots there Mr. Bird

Thanks

I wish I could have gotten more of your boats running..

Bird

Randy

Gaday Guys

I didn't want to redirect the thread :( but this is real good news for me as ive always been told that the dog had to be under the boat so now im going to put it to our members to see if we to can run the same way thanks for the help guys :D :D .

By my count, there are 8 new scale boats in D14 this year. WOW :)

Unfortunately none of them are mine :(

Looking good guys.

Brian

Is somebody trying to imitate Villwock here? :lol: Nice photo's

2428889471_3dcfa15e04.jpg

By the way, where did you get the scale driver? I am looking for one, I saw this one

Awesome boats, the elam is sweet, that orange is a show stopper. I'm curious on how the exhaust tube was made? and who's turn fin is that?

I had a look on the link to your other pic's. Interetsed in what pipe you are using with the CMB?

Cheers

Brian

DPS skid fin, CMDI black pipe. The exhaust is threw the transom right side.

Thanks for the info, I'll PM Doug about a fin. But i was referring to the fake turbine tube. I know how to make a straight one but how to make a tapered one?

Latest posts

Back