new rigger build pics VIDEO ADDED

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Rodney,

thank you very for this information,and i have understand. Please, let my know that size of nylon bolts you advise ?

Also you can let my know where, over the McMaster, i can take this grommets, because i don't buy this grommets from McMaster.

Regards

Giuseppe - Italy

Giuseppe, let me do some research here on the grommets. The rails are tapped for 1/4-20 bolts, so thats what size they need. Im not sure where else you could get them, other then mcmaster carr. Give me a little bit here, and ill try and find them for you.

Rodney,thank you for the information of the size nylon bolts. I not have hurry, let me know if you can find this same light blue grommets.

McMaster is one big store, and for shipping outside of USA, is very expensive shipping cost.

Regards

Giuseppe - Italy

I haven't found the bushings yet, sorry.

I did get a few test runs in guys. Had very good and some bad results! ,.. As expected, at least initially, This boat has VERY VERY good turning attributes. I was a little worried that the boat being hard to launch with the more narrow ski,.. but not to worry.. Launched SUPER easy. This boat weighs right about 3.5 lbs. I ran the boat with the set up exactly as designed with no tweeks. It was a bit windy, this chop would would have given the last some hop issues. Not this time. When in the chop the front of the boat hung a little higher, the prop stayed planted. I am very please. I narrowed the ski 15% and also shortened it 3/8 in. THis seems to have done exactly what I intended it to do. I was running the NR 5p with a aftermarket head button built to specs supplied by CHris Woods. Though I didn't have enough time to try more props or adjust the pipe, the motor with more compression showed great promise... tougher idle,.. but this mod seems to really have potential.. and not a real expensive option. IT was chilly and the retrieve boat was full of water,.. I really didn't want to drain it and use it... so,.. being afraid to die in the water I came in a little fast,.. then I noticed a cinder block on the half submerged when I was coming in... well,.. too late,.. hit the cinder block, not too bad though.. just broke 2 boom tubes and didn't even scratch the paint!!! So at least initially this design seems to be an improvement over the current design. The speed was as the usual JAE type, less tail hop and incredible turning. I'm ordering the boom tubes now.. should have a few good weather days this week,, I'm going to try and get some video for you guys then,.. I encourage other builders to try this boom tube / turn fin concept... On initial testing it works extremely well...

Tony,

With more compression you may want to try some bigger diameter propellers.

Let Me Know,

Mark Sholund

Just noticed this while shopping.. The JAE mini sprint has the same type of boom tube / turn fin set up I am trying. I saw some shocking video of this little guy running...

Tough to be first at anything around here!!!! I wonder if the CG is in line with it all.

Got some runs with video,.. My 10 year old son is commentating and taking the video. I'm pretty happy with the boat. I haven't done anything but build it as designed and put it in the water. I bet there is much more speed to had.. don't know how to inbed the youtube video.... here's a try

looks really good Tony! Put the S pipe on there and see what she has got. I bet you gain a significant amount of rpm brother... Runs great for literally just putting it together, and tossing it in the water. And they said that turn fin/boom location wouldnt work... :D

Back