New Nova .21 coming out at the Nuremberg toy fair

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glenn Quarles

Supporting Member
Friends, Nova sent out the press release of their new .21 motor coming at at the Nuremberg toy fair. Can't tell you much about it yet, but they have applied for a couple of patents on it...should be interesting!

Glenn

The new 21

is called KEEP ON 21

has extra long stroke smaller bore then your 35plus t21-7m etc,

and of coarse most expensive 21 in the Novarossi range.

regards Aaron

Last edited by a moderator:
Aaron,

have you had any input on this new 21 motor?

or is it just a car motor with water cooled head and marine carb

cheers Luca

Purdy!! I like the ceramic bearings! !!
ceramic bearings have their place in high rpm machine tool spindles,but do not work well in our engines.they do not hold up well
Never had a ceramic bearing fail in the last 8 years,in a 10cc engine running at 29 to 30,000 rpm;s
i have. i have repaired engines with almost new ceramic bearings that eroded away and destroyed the piston,liner and head button.won't buy any more.

Purdy!! I like the ceramic bearings! !!
ceramic bearings have their place in high rpm machine tool spindles,but do not work well in our engines.they do not hold up well
Never had a ceramic bearing fail in the last 8 years,in a 10cc engine running at 29 to 30,000 rpm;s
i have. i have repaired engines with almost new ceramic bearings that eroded away and destroyed the piston,liner and head button.won't buy any more.
Yes that's fact I had seen my good friend showed me ceramic ball broken half then stratched through piston/liner so hardly take off onto crankcase " that is risk"

Last edited by a moderator:
yep.. i tried them in a nova a few yrs ago.. lasted all of 1/2 a day testing.. went bad.. now i would like to try one of those hybrid ones that have the ceramic race as well.. not sure how they would hold up but for some reason the ceramic ball with metal races didn't hold up at all.

just my thoughts for left field

I think some of the probles with ceramic bearings it that they are a little more senistive to the internal clearance. A lot of bearings come set up too tight and cause themselves trouble...it is just that when the ceramic fail they can actually break a ball.

I have used the custom ceramics that are hand built to have the exact internal clearance and I have never had a problem...and I see a noticeable performance gain. I have not used the stock Nova ceramics so I can't tell you if they have problems or not.

Glenn

Latest posts

Back