New Gen III Zoom Carbs

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rick has a crapshooter museum.Crapshooters from way back when Marty was building them.

I would like to try a set for the VAC 91's if they become available . Thanks Charles .
Hello Tom, due to the different mounting of the VAC 91, I am not able to adapt my fixtures to them. I would have to make completely different holding fixtures and I do not have the time at the moment to make those.

Thanks anyway,

Charles

I really like toy boat stuff.

Mr. Charles is a true Craftsman.

Zoom Carbs are a work of Art.

Rick
Mr. Rick is a really nice guy, just the type that I enjoy teasing....
default_smile.png
default_smile.png
default_smile.png

Charles

Hello Tommy, I have several of the CMB Purple head Zoom carbs in stock. I will have to dig them out and see how many.....

Thanks,

Charles

Hi Charles,

Will you be making any carbs for the Nova 12?

Also, it sounds like its best to use the 80 sized carbs on the 101's, is this correct.

Thanks
The Zoom 12 carbs will need new fixtures to be built. Again, time is the biggest constraint and I am fast running out of time on the other sizes.

I will be making 3 different versions of the Zoom CMB 67 Greenhead style carb. One will be the standard 67 carb with a .468 round bore for the scale type boats and deep vees, the second version will be a 67/80 with a .500 round bore for the riggers and such, the third version will be a 80/101 with a .500X.530 oval bore. This way the boater can choose an optimum carb/ engine combination for what they are running. Or just mix and match them as they choose.

What I have found on running and testing the Zoom carbs, and other carbs also, is that the larger size carb bores for the larger size engines, the more critical is the match up between the bore size and the engine displacement. This match-up is needed to get the best low speed, the best mid-range and the best top end performance all in one package.

Charles

Last edited by a moderator:
Charles new to your carb would like a set

For the new NOVAROSSI 91 dd not sure which motors your offering carbs for

Thxs

Ken

Hello Mr. Ken, the NR 91 is not on my list of carbs to build this year.

Let me explain a little on how I go about designing the Zoom carbs.

There are a lot of engine and carb combinations out there now with more coming out every day. To build a top product, it is not just about making the carb physically fit the engine. First I must build the prototypes and then find someone (More than one) to run it for me that has very good communication skills and also be of the technical level to be able to tell me exactly what the engine and carb combination is doing. This part usually takes about a season of boating to get everything dialed in. When the design is finalized, then I must purchase the tooling and build the fixtures to be able to duplicate the final design and specs. Some of the tolerances in certain areas in the Zoom carbs must be very accurate for them to work as I want them to.

I refuse to put out a Zoom carb that I am not comfortable with.

Thanks,

Charles

Hi Charles,

Will you be making any carbs for the Nova 12?

Also, it sounds like its best to use the 80 sized carbs on the 101's, is this correct.

Thanks
The Zoom 12 carbs will need new fixtures to be built. Again, time is the biggest constraint and I am fast running out of time on the other sizes.

I will be making 3 different versions of the Zoom CMB 67 Greenhead style carb. One will be the standard 67 carb with a .468 round bore for the scale type boats and deep vees, the second version will be a 67/80 with a .500 round bore for the riggers and such, the third version will be a 80/101 with a .500X.530 oval bore. This way the boater can choose an optimum carb/ engine combination for what they are running. Or just mix and match them as they choose.
excellent!

Hello Tommy, I have several of the CMB Purple head Zoom carbs in stock. I will have to dig them out and see how many.....

Thanks,

Charles
Mr. Tommy, I have two of the 45 CMB Purple head Zoom carbs in stock. If you are interested I will update them with the Gen III spraybar/sideplate. They are new and have never been mounted.

Charles

Last edited by a moderator:
Back