New bearings for my practically brand new OS 21RG-M

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dannyual767

I've been out of RC boating for about 2 yrs and I just blew the dust off of a boat that I finished building and never ran on the water. The OS 21RG-M in it was only run on the stand about 2 yrs ago. Now, I honestly thought that I'd oiled up that engine after the bench top running. However, just 1 hr ago when I turned the flywheel, it had that awful, rusty bearing coarse sound :( . I don't know it it's front, back or both bearings because I haven't taken the engine apart.

I did a quick internet search and I know that I can get Boca bearings for a decent price. About 10 yrs ago, I bought a set from them to replace the bad bearings in my ancient OPS 65. The bearings were made in china and they didn't fit tight in the case (I used a toaster oven to heat the case and the old bearings easily came out). I was never happy with those Boca bearings and I prefer to not use chinese made stuff if I don't have to.

It looks like Tower Hobbies carries the OS brand of bearings. Anybody else selling decent bearings for a reasonable price these days?

The next time I run a nitro engine, I'm going to practically fill the case with oil afterward!

Last edited by a moderator:
Get ahold of Jon on here. tnrcboatrcr. He sells quality bearings, at a very good price. All you need is the ID and OD of the bearings.

if you are gonna buy bearings from boca i would suggest nothing cheaper than the hp line of bearing....anything less and your gonna have a short bearing life imho....

alden

oh ya,,and what ever you do,,,Do Not,,,repeat,,,do not,,,spin the motor over anymore till u get it where its coming apart to be fixed

Thanks for all the responses, guys.

Get ahold of Jon on here. tnrcboatrcr. He sells quality bearings, at a very good price. All you need is the ID and OD of the bearings.
I tried doing a search for him and I came up with a big goose egg. I'll try again and see if I have better luck.

posted by camaroboy383,

oh ya,,and what ever you do,,,Do Not,,,repeat,,,do not,,,spin the motor over anymore till u get it where its coming apart to be fixed
I was pretty upset about the bearings going bad so I just put the boat back up on the rack where its been sitting for about 2 yrs. I won't mess with it again until I'm ready to take the engine apart. Tell me more about your stroked, sbc Camaro. 383s are awesome engines.

I tried again to find tnrcboatrcr using this website's "search" function. No luck. I must be doing something wrong.

Back