Need Help NR Header Pipe Clearance issue

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kcvnd

So I finally am getting back on to my Blackbird G2 project. I was trial fitting my carbon fiber cowl that I am adapting to the boat when I decided to line up the header and pipe to the motor. The 180 degree NR header that I bought from Glenn has an awful tight radius that prevents me from getting the pipe outside the boat. I am having a clearance issue with the header and the side of the boat and further the pipe. Is there a different header available that does not have such a sharp bend that will allow the pipe to get out of the boat and allow me to put the cowl on? This is my first 21 rigger so this is all new. Thanks

IMG_0685.jpg

IMG_0686.jpg

IMG_0687.jpg

IMG_0688.jpg

IMG_0689.jpg

IMG_0690.jpg

IMG_0691.jpg

Kevin to solve this issue use the Zipp 180 degree header...it has a wider radius and will solve your dilemma.!

Gill

Chris had posted on this before... you can, heat the header and bend it out to get the clearance you need... up to you... mike

That NR header will run better than the ZIPP, IMO. the exhaust path is smooth, no angled transitions. I would bend it if I was you. try to keep the smooth transition. IT's the best in theory anyway.

just heat it up with a torch slightly and bend it where you need it.. won't hurt a thing.. i can tell you you will need to cut off about 90 percent of that header and you will need to cut off on the pipe right at or past the welded band

chris

just like Chris has posted here. Your going to cut about 3/4 of that header off anyhow. Here is a picture of a Nova 90* header in my boat, with the new GO pipe's, but the S-Pipe is close to the same. In order to get it short enough, ALL of that straight section gets cut off.

20120718_173846.jpg

20120718_173915.jpg

Kevin, let me go run out and get a picture here from straight on with the cowl on, so you can see it better there.

Kevin what others said is also good if you can do it.The Zipp header in the pic is just to clarify....it was cut shorter than that and reworked inside for better flow.This is a c.f .21 pipe I make but not for selling.Gill

there you go brother, hope that helps. My header is cut literally right where it starts to straighten out from the 180* bend.

Yep I am all geared up to go screw up a header pipe only to have to buy a new one. Lol

The GO 21 IB header has a wider sweep to it that will put it outside of the tub. No heating or bending needed. Mark Leyde (lights here on IW) has them for sale and are extremely reasonably priced.

The GO 21 IB header has a wider sweep to it that will put it outside of the tub. No heating or bending needed. Mark Leyde (lights here on IW) has them for sale and are extremely reasonably priced.
John I found those online but couldn't get a source thanks I might try one.

Latest posts

Back