NAMBA Race Management System Project

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Karl, you weren't the only one. Our gang talked about it too. A lot. Especially leading into a our 2014 nats on egg shells.

We had heard (second hand) that Bill wanted it to stay free to racers and not turn into some sort of money grubbing leviathan. For that I have a lot of respect.

Fred figured if he could pick it up for a low enough $ and got some sponsors to cover some good hosting he could pull it off. Keep it stable but also keep it free. Not sure if there were multiple offers but at least one low ball number wasn't from "NAMBA" at all. It was from Fred. He was already doing tech support for many FE guys so he figured why not. He was not trying to purchase it for NAMBA. It was for the hobby and it was deliberately low to try to keep it alive, available, stable, and free.

On top of that I have a son in law that actually writes code. LIT grad. Said he would look at the changes we wanted if we ended up with it. Fifth digit! Wahoo! Freebee too!

Of course Fred received no response to the offer so he had no idea he had insulted him. Might explain why he's yet to see a return email in the years we've been using it.

We (MMEU) wanted it to stay available as it worked for us even with it's limitations (see I can learn I didn't say flaws).

Bill, if you actually believe you were down a few minutes here and an hour there then there's nothing else to talk about. Guys that were actually using it are telling you that it was down a too much and you don't believe them.......I guess. Not sure how we would benefit from making that crap up. I mean to tell you there was panic at times. There's the great disconnect.

Back