Namba District 3

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robertpickard

I am just wondering what others feel within the District if they feel we have a say how are district is run. I asked to have a adgenda put on the list whether i was right or wrong on it i thought we were able to when we had 5 people behind us. I got a call and was told it wasnt going to be on the agenda and it was a waste of time and he didnt like trouble makers. I thought we were aloud to bring things up weather people thought they were good or not guess not. What are the feelings of people in this District and other District thanks Robert

Last edited by a moderator:
I think there are always 2 sides to every story...we are only hearing 1 side. Toy Boats !!!

I am just wondering what others feel within the District if they feel we have a say how are district is run. I asked to have a adgenda put on the list whether i was right or wrong on it i thought we were able to when we had 5 people behind us. I got a call and was told it wasnt going to be on the agenda and it was a waste of time and he didnt like trouble makers. I thought we were aloud to bring things up weather people thought they were good or not guess not. What are the feelings of people in this District and other District thanks Robert

Robert what happened to you is basically what the problem is....you only have a voice in the district if THEY want you to.

I think Mike is 100% correct in his reply.

robert what was your agenda topic, remember there no silly questions you troublemaker you :ph34r:

OK, sounds like quite an agenda misunderstanding or worse.

The agenda rule per Namba District 3 rulebook states:

"All items to be placed on the agenda for discussion at a District meeting, must be submitted to the District Director, at a minimum of 30 days prior to the meeting.

These items are then to be placed on the District 3 website."

At our District 3 meeting in West Palm earlier in the year the District 3 board added to the rule to "require agenda items to have 5 signatures included."

This it was explained, was to show the district director that the agenda item was important to a group of district 3 members, not just a single member.

So if Robert did as he said and followed the rules, then hopefully this was just a misunderstanding and will be fixed, I sure hope so.............

Ron Ratoff

"We race toy boats guys, just toy boats" ;)

OK, sounds like quite an agenda misunderstanding or worse.

The agenda rule per Namba District 3 rulebook states:

"All items to be placed on the agenda for discussion at a District meeting, must be submitted to the District Director, at a minimum of 30 days prior to the meeting.

These items are then to be placed on the District 3 website."

At our District 3 meeting in West Palm earlier in the year the District 3 board added to the rule to "require agenda items to have 5 signatures included."

This it was explained, was to show the district director that the agenda item was important to a group of district 3 members, not just a single member.

So if Robert did as he said and followed the rules, then hopefully this was just a misunderstanding and will be fixed, I sure hope so.............

Ron Ratoff

"We race toy boats guys, just toy boats" ;)
Amen, If Robert met the NEW required "5 signature rule" to present an agenda item, he should be heard.

It doesnt matter what he has to say - :wacko:

Point being , he HAS the right to say it per the set forth rules. :(

Not looking to fight or start more than already is right now, but **** it man. IF - that is fact .

It proves why there is bs right now..........

Just saying. :ph34r:

Someone pm me what he proposed so Im better informed .....

Andy

Why is it that the largest district in RC boating that gets to run all year long cant seem to figure out that this is RC Boating and it is for FUN and ENJOYMENT!

There should be no BS going back and forth and there should not be such an act as to keep an idea or suggestion suppressed.

I am just getting back into this and didnt want to see unrest but I am ballsy enough to go for impeachment all I have to do is get 20 signatures and good reason to get it done!

District 3 used to be a great place to race and I for one want it to go back to that!!!!

Last edited:
It's beginning to sound as if we may have elected the wrong person for the job.

Let's just keep it simple and go back to IMPBA.

All of the out of state national races that D3 people go to are IMPBA, most everyone who travels to D3 for a race are IMPBA. most every transplant who moves here or snow bird who visits here is IMPBA and etc. Let them, (whoever they may be), have thier little party and move on. No sense in having a big hoopla and or bar fight over it. Save the big guns for when they are needed.

Feel The Love

Norm Doerr

Let's just keep it simple and go back to IMPBA.

All of the out of state national races that D3 people go to are IMPBA, everyone who comes to D3 is IMPBA. Most every transplant who moves here or snow bird who visits here is IMPBA and etc. Let them, (whoever they may be), have thier little party and move on. No sense in having a big hoopla and or bar fight over it.

Feel The Love

Norm Doerr
I have to agree with Norm here. Have been Namba and Impba on & off since the 80's and the people make the events not the orgnization. If there are inadequesies people can change an organization within. We are on an island here in FL and will get a token NAMBA nationals on this coast once every 10 years. Maybe with FL back in IMPBA the Internats would get back to the "premier" race of the season. Or is it better to have a Winter/Spring/Summer/FallNats series at 4 different sites plus one time trial somewhere,and make US-1 a series award? Winter-Orlando,Spring-Atlanta,Summer-Hobart, Fall-Charleston and Huntsville for time trials. Best 4/5 scores so you can miss one. IMPBA is really an east coasts organizatio and NAMBA is more west coast consentrated. Just some thoughts for consideration.

Mic

You know what it's just a TOY BOAT and we are suppose to have fun at this. If I wanted to put up with some one trying to tell me what to do. I would just go to work and listen to the BOSS.

F HIM !!!!!!!!!!!

Who ever HIM is.

David

Back