Mystery hydro

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary Lauer

Supporting Member
I just found this boat at a swap meet. I have been trying to find any information on it with no luck. It is 24 inches long, I believe it had a brushless setup in it. Any information on it or suggestions on how to set the motor and batteries in it would be a lot of help. Thank you Gary

Attachments

• 20240420_123913.jpg
    20240420_123913.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240420_123830.jpg
    20240420_123830.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
it looks like an 1/8th scale so it will use 8s. 850kv is about perfect something like a TP 4070 or a 5692 rocket RC motor. the goto bad boy ESC is a Castle XLX2. budget esc ZTW 200A. I'd personally get a set of SMC HCL-HP 4s packs wired in series for it.

it looks like an 1/8th scale so it will use 8s. 850kv is about perfect something like a TP 4070 or a 5692 rocket RC motor. the goto bad boy ESC is a Castle XLX2. budget esc ZTW 200A. I'd personally get a set of SMC HCL-HP 4s packs wired in series for it.
Not 1/8 scale at 24" long. The boat is 1/16th scale which has not run since brushless has shown up. Mid 90s ish.
Mike

Not 1/8 scale at 24" long. The boat is 1/16th scale which has not run since brushless has shown up. Mid 90s ish.
Mike
I have an MRP Miss Bud, but it had 2 brushed motors geared to drive a single screw! The speed control was mechanical using little roller switches driven by a servo.....wasnt very fast and the run time was around 2 minutes but it was fun!

I have an MRP Miss Bud, but it had 2 brushed motors geared to drive a single screw! The speed control was mechanical using little roller switches driven by a servo.....wasnt very fast and the run time was around 2 minutes but it was fun!
That was my first boat

It does look just like the miss pringles It has a team astro name on it. I would like to put a brushless in ti just for fun in the pond behind my house. I am not Shure if there is room for the battery's in it. I want to put a better stuffing tube and drive but I dddont know what adhesive stick's to the plastic. Thanks to all

Hey Gary, I've had no troubles using Loctite plastic bonding, JB Weld plasticweld or any Cyanoacrylate for plastics. I can bring some out to you this weekend if we get together to finish up that lower unit. I got the bearing today!

Latest posts

Back