Mounting magnets

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roxyflash

Need to order some was thinking on using countersunk disk magnets.Thinking on using north and south poles two in tub two on the rear of cowl.The front of cowl will have a tongue that fits in a slot.Whats the pound pull that most people use?I seen some 3/8x1/8 that uses a #4 screw that has 4 pound pull.So if you use the north and south poles together would be 8 pounds And having two sets would be about 16 total.

https://www.mcmaster.com/products/magnets/magnets-1~/neodymium-magnets-7/Pull force is not the only thing. They do not hold side load well. You wont see those numbers. You will need to pin the cowl for side load. I have all sort of sizes the I use depending on the need. They work great. I usually only use large pins on one end. Then use the magnets on the other end. A small 1/16 size pin near the magnet will keep it from side slipping.
Mike

Need to order some was thinking on using countersunk disk magnets.Thinking on using north and south poles two in tub two on the rear of cowl.The front of cowl will have a tongue that fits in a slot.Whats the pound pull that most people use?I seen some 3/8x1/8 that uses a #4 screw that has 4 pound pull.So if you use the north and south poles together would be 8 pounds And having two sets would be about 16 total.
Take a look at Lee Valley Hardware.
They have the different sized magnets, cups & plates all as sets.
Prices are nice also.

https://www.mcmaster.com/products/magnets/magnets-1~/neodymium-magnets-7/Pull force is not the only thing. They do not hold side load well. You wont see those numbers. You will need to pin the cowl for side load. I have all sort of sizes the I use depending on the need. They work great. I usually only use large pins on one end. Then use the magnets on the other end. A small 1/16 size pin near the magnet will keep it from side slipping.
Mike
Not worried about sliding the cowl fits in side of tub so just needs to hold straight down I ordered a set from zipkitts as I need a few odds and ends

Back