ML Boatworks rigger stands available NOW!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Luszcz

Vendor
I wanted to share with the rigger guys that I will be offering a low cost, Jaguar inspired rigger stand kits for large twins, large singles, and small riggers...and other variations by request. Attached is a stand for a twin 101. I did 5 specialty stands for Don Ferrette, and this is one of them. I will be adding some "base size" versions to the website soon with dimensions. If you have any special needs, please just PM me your width requirements. The "hockey sticks" are (3) layers of 1/4" birch that you glue together, and the tail plate is also (3) layers of 1/4" birch. The rear support plate can be positioned to the toy tab slot that best suits the rigger it will support before the dowel rods are glued in place. Should help create a very custom fit. The tail plate is left in this standard configuration so the buyer can slot out the stuffing tube opening to their liking, and if the rigger has rear shoes they can slot the outside edges. I don't want to get to terribly specific so these will fit a wide range of needs!

The buyer will supply his own 3/4" dowel rod which is easy to get at lowes/ home depot and will need to glue the layers of ply together. This way I can drop ship out the stands and minimize shipping costs. Let me know your thoughts, Mike

RiggerStand_zps23c2bedb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Mike,

Have interest for two. A 12 SGX and a 21 SGX RIGGER. What are prices shipped to zip 33909?

Thank You,

Bill

Hey guys, if you would, get me some width measurements of the tubs, and a measurement from the front boom tubes (unless you think it needs to be supported at the rear boom tubes..I will ask Don what his were designed around as well) to where you would like to see the rear support location so I can do this to properly fit your hulls. I already received some PM's about a variety of crapshooter stands. I think what I will do, is document the sizes from you guys, and just offer a bunch of correct fit stands for these riggers. What do you think? Mike

And just so you know, making the base kit to fit your size is NOT very time consuming, so delays due to design will not be an issue.

Oh, and Scott, I have been asked many times about scale stands. Maybe I should just offer a couple options that are universal for 1/10th, 1/8th, and gas scale.

Mike,

Tub on 12 SGX 2 5/8" (one of a kind) sponson tube to transom 23".

Tub on 21 SGX 3" and sponson tube to transom 26 1/4"

No hurry,

Bill

Mike tub width is 4 5/8". Length is 27" (front boom center to rear contact point).

My thoughts on the rear contact point is that it would contact the bottom of the tub between the rear sponsons. I would cut a notch for the stuffing tube.

And yes Mike, a generic application for the scale boats would make sense.

Hey guys, if you would, get me some width measurements of the tubs, and a measurement from the front boom tubes (unless you think it needs to be supported at the rear boom tubes..I will ask Don what his were designed around as well) to where you would like to see the rear support location so I can do this to properly fit your hulls. I already received some PM's about a variety of crapshooter stands. I think what I will do, is document the sizes from you guys, and just offer a bunch of correct fit stands for these riggers. What do you think? Mike
Mike, I would say stick with supporting at the front boom tube, it makes for a much more stable stand with the increased footprint.

I just spoke to Bob Ferguson who did the original for me this was based on and he thinks having Mike do them is great, no problem using the Jag style stand design.
default_smile.png

OK, so what I am doing, is gathering info from all the interested parties so far, taking their measurement data, and I am going to make a line of rigger stands that will fit either single or twin, and will fit certain length ranges. Last night I worked on the first few designs. Here are the 3d images of the stands with measurements. I have also decided to just do a full stand lineup for all my sport hydro, tunnels, the rigger lineup, scale hydroplanes w/ option prop protection, and for my kneeler hydros. Seems like a lot of people are looking for things like this. The good thing is all the stands will be usable not only for my kits, but any hull that fits the size range. I will be sure all the kits specify all the lengths. I also wanted to make sure everyone knew these were kits, and not prebuilt. You will only really need to glue the layers of ply together, add your dowel rods and paint or epoxy.

Here is the Single 18-30" stand:

RS-SG1830_zps76913b34.jpg

Here is the Single 22-34"

RS-SG2234_zps77b7e02d.jpg

and Here is the Twin 22-34":

RS-TW2234_zps49e22738.jpg

Hi David, I am going to send over the files to my laser guy tonight and have him time them and get me some costs. I promise you they will be very reasonable. Luckily they fit on a minimal amount of ply! Mike

maybe a slot in the center of the rear section to clear the center ski or stuffing tube.. This would allow the stand to hold further back for more stability.. just a thought..

Anthony, I am leaving the slot up to the builder so that it fits perfectly for what he or she runs with their rigger. I am however putting a laser etched line to mark where the center is on the single powered riggers, the twins will not be marked as that could change dramatically from build to build! Hope all is well, Mike

Back