Miss Bud

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brett Buckmaster

Gents,

I was advised of these paint codes for my 1980 Miss Budwesier Back up boat.

1986 and Before

Gold 4469UH

Red 767UM

White 555U

Black 99U

All Dupont Imron

Over here in Oz my Dupont suppliers can't match these paint codes or more to the point can't find these particular codes, can anyone help me with different paint codes of a different type eg- PPG or Spieshecker or shed some light onto this situation.

Thanks,

Brett

Gents,

I was advised of these paint codes for my 1980 Miss Budwesier Back up boat.

1986 and Before

Gold 4469UH

Red 767UM

White 555U

Black 99U

All Dupont Imron

Over here in Oz my Dupont suppliers can't match these paint codes or more to the point can't find these particular codes, can anyone help me with different paint codes of a different type eg- PPG or Spieshecker or shed some light onto this situation.

Thanks,

Brett
Call Duponts color Dot and they will cross the number over for you. Your Dupont jobber should be able to do that for you!

You might want to contact Roger Newton. He just painted his Maverick which would have the same colors. I think he might have used a different brand than Imron.

You can contact him through his user profile here

http://www.intlwaters.com/index.php?showuser=1105

Or if you want to pay the long distance charges his number is

425 228-6028

Might be worth you while to call him, he has a wealth of knowledge.

Also if it helps, Dupont called the gold "Medium Gold Metalic."

Last edited by a moderator:
Some jobbers don't have the books/computer to do the cross referencing. I know one jobber who gets a very cranky if you can't tell him what vehicle were are dealing with. Of coarse he still uses his book and doesn't use his computer very much. His method is to look thru all the color chips, that could be a 1/2 day project right there.

man i had 2 mavericks one yellow and a red and white one. My wife loved her yellow one, I'm just getting rid of a 1979 mercury zephyr , anybody remember that car?

Back