Man I forgot how much work this was!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thats funny cause I literally did the same and thought the same last night. my skills also have totally slipped.

I dunno if my filters were bad, I'm getting sensitized or what but I felt a little "off balance" the day after painting the white.

I knew two part paints were bad but didn't realize the isocyanates can be absorbed through your skin and eyes too. I always just used a decent 3M half mask and with my booth have never had a problem but decided to up my PPE game! Be careful out there. o_O

PPE2.jpg

Last edited:
That is a heck of a painting booth you have set up. What is going to be the final color of it?

That is a heck of a painting booth you have set up. What is going to be the final color of it?

4500 CFM, works great.

175816-4950-1131939757-bb-0.JPG

175812-4946-1131939178-h-0.JPG

Fluro yellow, just the clear left thank gawd.

002.JPG

I used Endura for several years. When it cures it is hard to even make a scratch in iit.

But, it is scary stuff, so you have to know what you are doing. I have a spray booth with an exhaust fan. I used a full mask/hood with air supply from outside, covered my entire body and wore gloves when painting with Endura.

I am a poor painter and my boats show it. Nothing artistic comes out of my shop.

Now, I use 2K spray cans. The Endura was just too scary for me.

I used Endura for several years. When it cures it is hard to even make a scratch in iit.

But, it is scary stuff, so you have to know what you are doing. I have a spray booth with an exhaust fan. I used a full mask/hood with air supply from outside, covered my entire body and wore gloves when painting with Endura.

I am a poor painter and my boats show it. Nothing artistic comes out of my shop.

Now, I use 2K spray cans. The Endura was just too scary for me.

I've used it for nearly 40 years myself, painted many boats, doors and receiver/hitch for my trailer, my mill, my basement and garage floors, etc. Never had an issue.

But after my last session I woke up feeling a little dizzy and my balance was off, strange too my BP was through the roof. Like 175/110!

Did some reading & found you can get sensitized to it over time, I think it's my time. Was super careful last session, suited up even to mix it and had no issues. Live & learn I guess.

And yes, it's hard as nails, I use 60 grit and lots of elbow grease to strip it off!

I've used it for nearly 40 years myself, painted many boats, doors and receiver/hitch for my trailer, my mill, my basement and garage floors, etc. Never had an issue.

But after my last session I woke up feeling a little dizzy and my balance was off, strange too my BP was through the roof. Like 175/110!

Did some reading & found you can get sensitized to it over time, I think it's my time. Was super careful last session, suited up even to mix it and had no issues. Live & learn I guess.

And yes, it's hard as nails, I use 60 grit and lots of elbow grease to strip it off!
Looking good Terry.
I attended a PPG certification many years ago. The rep explained sensitivity time as this.. Each human has a small cup devoted to carcinogens....too much exposure over time and your cup gets full. That's when your human body says "that's all I can take". He became so sensitized that he would have to call customers ahead of stopping in just to see if they were spraying that day. If they were he could not even enter the building.

Looking good Terry.
I attended a PPG certification many years ago. The rep explained sensitivity time as this.. Each human has a small cup devoted to carcinogens....too much exposure over time and your cup gets full. That's when your human body says "that's all I can take". He became so sensitized that he would have to call customers ahead of stopping in just to see if they were spraying that day. If they were he could not even enter the building.

I guess my "cup runeth over", lol.

ps: sent you a PM...

I dunno if my filters were bad, I'm getting sensitized or what but I felt a little "off balance" the day after painting the white.

I knew two part paints were bad but didn't realize the isocyanates can be absorbed through your skin and eyes too. I always just used a decent 3M half mask and with my booth have never had a problem but decided to up my PPE game! Be careful out there. o_O

View attachment 324884
Just out of curiosity, for those that use a half or full face respirator, how do you check to see if the straps are adjusted tight enough? Do you cover the filters and suck or block the outlet and blow? One way is right and the other hides a misadjusted mask. One of my tasks, at work, is to fit test people with respirators. You would be surprised how many check them incorrectly.

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity, for those that use a half or full face respirator, how do you check to see if the straps are adjusted tight enough? Do you cover the filters and suck or block the outlet and blow? One way is right and the other hides a misadjusted mask. One of my tasks, at work, is to fit test people with respirators. You would be surprised how many check them incorrectly.

I just pull the straps tight so the mask is well seated to my noodle. 🤣

No more issues after the full face mask...

Back