Mac 45 New Idea

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look good but sleeve already cut off " short" ( airflow exhaust ports too much) not increase rpm and need AB CMB45 Nitro pipe " and CMB header long ( Set up 10.50" ) Good Luck!

Look good but sleeve already cut off " short" ( airflow exhaust ports too much) not increase rpm and need AB CMB45 Nitro pipe " and CMB header long ( Set up 10.50" ) Good Luck!
Hey Allan the AB 45 black pipe did real good same is the Muc 45 pipe I am having plug problems though. I'll run 1lap or 10 laps fat or lean and as soon as I shut it off it pops the plug. I was @.008 on the head shim then 16 the 24 though and still the same with cold or med plugs. I even tried a larger volume chamber 1/2". The carb has a .98 spray bar. I went back and double checked my other motors for piston to deck hight and everything looks good I'm thinking I need to look at the intake porting to see if it is getting the change in the chamber properly or if I need to go with a smaller spray bar to run a fatter needle setting. Thanks for the pipe advice.

The squash velocity is what is taking the plug out.

Needs to be 60 M/sec or less at top RPM to keep the plug good.

I have run 15 to 1 CR so far and no plug taken out if I keep the MSV in line.

Dave did some research on squash velocity on some other threads and 2 things stuck out for me .

1. Dishing the piston sounds to be a plug saver.

2. Angling the squash band.

I'm not educated enough on this topic and am looking for some help . Sorry for the ignorance. Need if its possible to get a quick definition on the how to .

Charles there are a few programs out their to calculate it. Marty has a great program and there is a free one here. http://www.torqsoft.net/squish-velocity.html#about

Every one has a opinion on what angle works best and what chamber design is best.

But the best way is to start with the stock button and use one of the programs to set the velocity at about 60M/sec at your target RPM.

dish piston=loose power

angle sqiush=loose power

typically everybody makes the same mistake and even the fuel people . when u blow plugs decrease head clearance or use hotter plug not the other way around.

u used to do it wen i first got in and when i finally was told by somebody who consistently does over 100mph and can still use the same engine to heat race ,i listened and stopped having the plug problem

jm2¢ ,my experience,others may differ

Back