Lynx build

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim Kish

I have built a fair number of boats over the years and I have to

say that the quality of this boat is second to none.

Instructions are very well layed out and extremely easy to follow , if you are thinking about a new

tunnel definately look at the Lynx , I here they are prety fast too :rolleyes: .

Thanks again Waltr and thankyou Carl for putting together such a great package.

Tim K

I have built a fair number of boats over the years and I have to

say that the quality of this boat is second to none.

Instructions are very well layed out and extremely easy to follow , if you are thinking about a new

tunnel definately look at the Lynx , I here they are prety fast too :rolleyes: .

Thanks again Waltr and thankyou Carl for putting together such a great package.

Tim K

Hi Tim,

I figured you'd like that little Lynx. :)

And you're right,Carls quality is second to none. :)

Also,his instructions are derived from tons of testing.

Try to follow them closely to start.

Especially the motor set back distance. I use a Lawless,

so I had to machine custom motor mounts to tuck the

lower really close to the transom.

Tim,I know you're puttin on one of your killer K&Bs so

you'll be fine.

The best of luck with it and a few pics would be great

when it's done.

Later!

I have a K&B ss and an O.S. that I will try on this boat just to satisfy my

own curiousity. I have had good results working with both engines .

I think the K&B may have better performance potential but you cant beat the O.S. for quality .

I will definatrly follow the set up directions closely , I could never understand why people don't

listen to the person that desighned the hull when it comes to set up.

It gives you a great starting point that will probably be close enough for most and after all that is part of what you are paying for B) .

Tim K

DON'T GET FUEL INSIDE A Lynx !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: Read that part very closely !!!!

Butch :(

i am not and don't claim to be a professional, but if you do set your lynx up just like the instructions say and you are still porpoising here's a little suggestion for ya. first try to move your cg forward to 8 inches and if you still have problems after that try the wider lawless cav plate. and these are not instructions coming from me but from joe monohan! if you haven't seen his boats run, you need to find someone who has and ask them about how fast and planted they are.

just trying to help

I have a K&B ss and an O.S. that I will try on this boat just to satisfy my

own curiousity. I have had good results working with both engines .

I think the K&B may have better performance potential but you cant beat the O.S. for quality .

I will definatrly follow the set up directions closely , I could never understand why people don't

listen to the person that desighned the hull when it comes to set up.

It gives you a great starting point that will probably be close enough for most and after all that is part of what you are paying for B) .

Tim K

Tim

The distance between back of transom and the prop is VERY important.

If you are gonna use the K&Bss I guess you need another then the K&B lower.

With the OS it can run very nice..................................

Its all in the setup ( instructions).

Ronald.

i am not and don't claim to be a professional, but if you do set your lynx up just like the instructions say and you are still porpoising here's a little suggestion for ya. first try to move your cg forward to 8 inches and if you still have problems after that try the wider lawless cav plate. and these are not instructions coming from me but from joe monohan! if you haven't seen his boats run, you need to find someone who has and ask them about how fast and planted they are.

just trying to help

Also John Otto is an experienced guy and know how to setup boats, I have seen his Lynx running very nice and fast.

Ronald.

Back