low speed needles on riggers

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Albert Araujo

what have you guys found out about removing the low speed needle from the stock carb?? is there really more top end and is it worth the sacrifice??

what if your ahead of the clock and need to slow down?? now you have a carb loading with fuel, and risk stalling the motor...has there been true documentation of a top end gain?

i would like to hear different opions, how many of you guys are keeping them stock

I have no need for the low end needle.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a CMB 21 VAC in a Blazer Sport 20 hydro where I cut off the low speed needle. I am having trouble with it when I try to come off the throttle, so just today I ordered a low speed needle from Stu.

I cut the low speed needles off of my CMB 101s with no problems.

So far we have left stock on our Novarossi 46 engines and they are working great.

I would also like to hear what others think on this.

I only have one boat that I run a low end needle in,it is my 20 mono. The reason I get rid of my low end is to get rid of all that drag in the way of more air,and I still can idle my boats down,with my mono's and rigger's. I do not have a problem with them loading up. I can barely shut my rigger's off when they come in. As far as documenting a STOCK carb...do not use them,to small.

what have you guys found out about removing the low speed needle from the stock carb?? is there really more top end and is it worth the sacrifice??

what if your ahead of the clock and need to slow down?? now you have a carb loading with fuel, and risk stalling the motor...has there been true documentation of a top end gain?

i would like to hear different opions, how many of you guys are keeping them stock
Whos Going LOW SPEED?? :rolleyes: :D

Albert every boat I have does not have the low speed needle from the twin to my B Hydros. I can get on and on the throttle as I need and even crawl.

Julian

Albert I don't think there is much difference one way or the other.

Depends on lots of things with the tune of the eng.

Cut it off and see. needles are cheep.

With my 1.01 I can enter turn 2 at 10 second on the clock and hit the clock with my rigger dragging the tub in the water and it will pop right off.

My carb is HUGE with 5/32 brass tubing as a spray bar.

It depends on the boat and eng setup.

After have ran my very first Mac 67(1998) no more low needles on my engines even on my O.S carbs.Gill

Back