• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Looking for a NIB piston / sleeve for a .61 OS VR-M

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gratte-tout

Hi there,

My .61 OS VR-M is dead, some balls from the rear bearing grown up into the combustion chamber..

I can't find any piston / sleeve for it.

If anyone has got on new in box, let me know your price!

Thanks!

Or perhaps have you got any shop who can sell it and ship it to France..

No ideas about a store you can sell me a set?

I know it's an old engine, but I was thinking some stores still have one or two sets..

Tower can't have any more :(

You might try Pete's Hobbies as they specialize in older O.S. Engine parts:

Petes Hobbies

1814 Nelson SE

Grand Rapids, MI 49507

Ph 616-245-3106

Mike

No ideas about a store you can sell me a set?I know it's an old engine, but I was thinking some stores still have one or two sets..

Tower can't have any more :(

Thanks!

Has he got a website?

The jet lag makes phone calling difficult :huh: I have to call at 12pm here to have anyone in the US

Unfortunately, he does not. There are other Pete's Hobbies sites out there but not for this guy with the older O.S. Engine parts.

Mike

Thanks!
Has he got a website?

The jet lag makes phone calling difficult :huh: I have to call at 12pm here to have anyone in the US

Ill call him tomorrow and ask for ya bud, Is your engine a drum or disk intake engine?

Ill call him tomorrow and ask for ya bud, Is your engine a drum or disk intake engine?
Many thanks!

My engine is a drum intake one.

I'll try to contact the two stores you sent me the links, to know if they have it on stock.

Thanks again!

Arg : QTM doesn't want to ship out of Canada.

I'm still waiting for Hobby discounter's response, even if it's 3 days since I contact them.

I hope I can find a set, or my engine is good to be thrown to the trash..

Gratte-tout,

If the sleeve is still salvagable, I can make a new piston for it. Let me know.

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros

Last edited by a moderator:
The sleeve is out too : some parts of the balls of the bearing went into the combustion chamber..

Thanks for your answer!

I'm still loking for a new set, if anyone has got one, I'm VERY interested! Let me also know if you know any store who have it.

I called Pete's and left a voicemail, Ill let you know what he has when he calls back.

Iv left 2 voice mails with no response, look on ebay again, think i seen a NIB 61 vr p/s fs a few days back.

No one at this day. I will have a look on it.

If anyone knows a store for me, I interested. Thanks. Perhaps some one has got one left in his storage..

Nonody has got one unused in his workhouse?

Can't find any stre who has got one set.

Fabrice, Is there some reason you need to use the .61 size motor? The .65 and .81 drum valve motors are more pleantiful over here, share many components and have the same mounting pattern.

In fact, I already own a .81 engine. I've never seen any .65 size over here, I know its existence without seeing anyone here. All the crancks are the same, just some manufacturings are specials.

If the .65 sleeve can fit the .61 cranck, no problem (it can be the case if the .65 sleeve is thicker than the .61 one), but I'm quite sure the hole into the cranck is special for each engine..

The only reason I want to buy a .61 set is that I broke mine, and everything except the sleeve/piston is working great. If I can buy a complet .65 engine for the same price than a .61 S/P.. ok!!

I'm still looking for one set, or igf anyone want to get rid of a cheaper NIB .65 engine :lol:

Hi there, My .61 OS VR-M is dead, some balls from the rear bearing grown up into the combustion chamber..

I can't find any piston / sleeve for it.

If anyone has got on new in box, let me know your price!

Thanks!

Or perhaps have you got any shop who can sell it and ship it to France..
Found this information at Tower Hobbies

http://www.osengines.com/parts/xr17171.html

FRANCE

Scientific France

272 Avenue Henri-Barbusse

59770 Marly-lez-Valenciennes

Telephone: +33 32-745-0024

Fax: +33 32-729-0584

FRANCE

Techniques Modernes du Modelisme

Zone Indutrielle -B.P. 6

57380 Faulqemont