Long stroke / Short Stroke

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To rich for my blood and most out there.

I have seen picks of a TK disk eng in the works.

If it comes in under $400 it will be a good thing for R/C boating.

I agree Dave, a TK disc engine at a good price would be good. My point was that the disc, boost port, long stroke, long rod, sub exhausts etc does not make the CMB27 a game changer, it is a good engine but not so powerful that everyone has to buy them to compete.

well, I can see, that when comparing long stroke and short stroke there are no apples to apples, and oranges to oranges even if you get more power out of the same cc. because what kind of power are you talking about? for what type of hull, and what kind of race or course are you going to run. I learned so much right here that I now have more knowledge than I can put to use, because of technical skill, access to equipment time, and money, but I will tell you one thing, even if I had all that it would still take me the rest of my life to figure what works. but that's why I like this hobby. its the journey. its that time you have in the limelight when you created something that works well, or you finally beat the pants off someone who has kicked your ass for many seasons. or is an Idea that did great things for the Hobby!!!! killer stuff. Anthony, you Started a great thread, because not only do you get your question answered you also get to learn from the best. and you can do that all along with hearing and understanding the Blues. hahahaha

Jim Schmidt

well, I can see, that when comparing long stroke and short stroke there are no apples to apples, and oranges to oranges even if you get more power out of the same cc. because what kind of power are you talking about? for what type of hull, and what kind of race or course are you going to run. I learned so much right here that I now have more knowledge than I can put to use, because of technical skill, access to equipment time, and money, but I will tell you one thing, even if I had all that it would still take me the rest of my life to figure what works. but that's why I like this hobby. its the journey. its that time you have in the limelight when you created something that works well, or you finally beat the pants off someone who has kicked your ass for many seasons. or is an Idea that did great things for the Hobby!!!! killer stuff. Anthony, you Started a great thread, because not only do you get your question answered you also get to learn from the best. and you can do that all along with hearing and understanding the Blues. hahahaha

Jim Schmidt
"because what kind of power are you talking about? for what type of hull, and what kind of race or course are you going to run."

You got it Jim! Long track Indy car type engine use Long rod ratios, about 2.5/1. Top Fuel drag engines use short rods, about 1.6/1 or less.

And yes, rod/stroke ratio has the same effect on 4-strokes as it does on 2-strokes.

How about some more Blues!
default_smile.png

I agree Dave, a TK disc engine at a good price would be good. My point was that the disc, boost port, long stroke, long rod, sub exhausts etc does not make the CMB27 a game changer, it is a good engine but not so powerful that everyone has to buy them to compete.
Ian what rpm bracket do they run at out of interest.

Ian what rpm bracket do they run at out of interest.
Wayne, depending on setup, pipe length, props etc 19-21k RPM

Back