LMRacing KEPS Black

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice! Kroggs will for sure want one of those boats.
Kazinnnnga that's b e a utiful!!! I want one:)
Cheers Kevin, I'm hoping to have it finished off this weekend and should be picking up the new cowl I've designed as well (very different from the one I use on my KEPS at the moment). I'll try to get more of the build photo's up soon! I also got two more carbon kits CNC cut ready to be built in case of emergency
default_smile.png

Here's a few picture from the build, all I've got to do now is mount the turnfin and sort a new cowl

Martin

IMAG0515.jpg

IMAG0526.jpg

IMAG0530.jpg

IMAG0531.jpg

IMAG0532.jpg

IMAG0537.jpg

Tim,

I agree the boat is sweet. What determines a rocket will be the final weight ready to run

And how much RPM he can generate from his pipe and motor combination.

Great Job Martin,

Mark Sholund

I'm just hoping it goes half as well as my standard KEPS. I've got a carbon raptor pipe on the way, and with Marks great advice and service on props I'm thinking I'll have a smile on my face
default_smile.png

VERY Nice.

Are you going to do Any Paint work on it So you can See It from the far side of the track?
A part of me wants to show as much carbon as possible, but I also want to keep in one piece and not get smashed by other drivers as they wont see me. I guess it would be a great reason to make sure I get the starts
default_smile.png

I'll probably half paint the sponsons and will paint the cowl...when I eventually make one

Martin,

Maybe we can make up some decals in bright green/yellow or orange/red?

This way you don't have to paint and add more weight to the set up.

I may have some Props-4-U decals made up soon. Quite a few boaters have

asked for some.

Thanks For Reading,

Mark Sholund

I would add some color myself,it helps to see a 70 mph boat.. Mark I would love some decals myself. LOL

Rene

I've been a little busy with proper work, but this weekend I was able to nearly finish the new rigger. As you can see the sponsons have a new look, I couldn't paint them all, so went for a 50/50 look. I also sharpened and fitted the new short profile turnfin.

So all that's left is fitting my new carbon raptor pipe as soon as it arrives, and charging it for a planned test on the 10th May.

I've also been working on a new cowl, and is pretty much there on a pattern before I try to take a mold.

Martin

IMAG0569.jpg

IMAG0571.jpg

IMAG0574.jpg

IMAG0575.jpg

IMAG0576.jpg

IMAG0577.jpg

Here's a vid of Mart's first run with the new boat. Am sure he'll let you know what the setup was !

Phill

www.lmracing.co.uk

Phill,

Looks good is that the H-6 on the boat?

It seems to work quite well whatever you are running on it.

Just need a little more RPM out of the motor and pipe set up now

and you will be pretty hard to beat on the oval. The boat is tracking much better,

and is very easy to see on the water with the yellow sponsons. I may have a new

propeller combination for you to try very soon.

Thanks For Sharing The Video,

Mark Sholund

Phill,

Looks good is that the H-6 on the boat?

It seems to work quite well whatever you are running on it.

Just need a little more RPM out of the motor and pipe set up now

and you will be pretty hard to beat on the oval. The boat is tracking much better,

and is very easy to see on the water with the yellow sponsons. I may have a new

propeller combination for you to try very soon.

Thanks For Sharing The Video,

Mark Sholund
HI Mark,

You guessed right. This is the H6 3.33" that you prepped for me. Its the same prop that I ran on my first KEP's, and really just wanted to do a direct comparison. It would be interesting to hear you opinions on other options for props, and out of the ones you've done before me which one you think I should try next. This boat is also using a different profiled turnfin compared to the orginial, a little shorter in length.

But considering this was the very first run, I'm very happy
default_smile.png

Martin

Martin,

I think you need to look at an ABC 50 x 69 next, as they work very well on a lot

of 21 hydros. Ask Rick Reisinger how well they work? I believe he had one of mine

going 76.8 MPH last weekend on his 21 hydro.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Looks Good Martin.
default_smile.png

Agree on that the RPM's could be higher. Try lift the strut straight up. Try 1 mm first.

Had a 3.33 H6 and a 3.33 50x69 by Mark on my two race boats this past weekend and its not a whole lot of difference... Need to test more though (before the race I had zero time in the drink) and @ this race we all where quite rusty . . . Last season the latest 1450 from Mark may have felt even better but we will test more a week from now before the next nats to get some more experience.

Looks Good Martin.
default_smile.png

Agree on that the RPM's could be higher. Try lift the strut straight up. Try 1 mm first.

Had a 3.33 H6 and a 3.33 50x69 by Mark on my two race boats this past weekend and its not a whole lot of difference... Need to test more though (before the race I had zero time in the drink) and @ this race we all where quite rusty . . . Last season the latest 1450 from Mark may have felt even better but we will test more a week from now before the next nats to get some more experience.
Niklas,

You're becoming more and more an LMRacing team member every day. Not testing enough, not being fully prepared, but having fun doing it
default_smile.png

Martin,

I think you need to look at an ABC 50 x 69 next, as they work very well on a lot

of 21 hydros. Ask Rick Reisinger how well they work? I believe he had one of mine

going 76.8 MPH last weekend on his 21 hydro.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund
Hi Mark,

What kind of cup are you putting on the 50 x 69 for Rick?

Martin

In my mind for heatracing in Europe, with a KEPs T2 21, I cant think of a reason using much more then 3.33 in cup is that raceable (at least at the moment). The "spool up time" with more then that takes too long to be able to use. I think it will be more and more of a rubber band feel to the racing and that may be good for flat out (wot) racing (never letting go of the trigger) on perfect water - but that is seldome seen here. BUT with that said, progress and even more testing, sure pushes things up a step on the performance ladder.
default_wink.png

Martin,

It was at 3.75" I believe. You should be able to pull 3.46" without much trouble I would think.

A lot of cup is not really the way to go though. I put more pitch in the center of the blade on that

propeller and it really works well.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Back