linking two 7.4v lipo together

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sneakysneakyracing

I have a a motor large enough to handle 2 x 7.4v lipo batterys together whats the best way to link them together.

please help me out i'm new to FE boats

I have a a motor large enough to handle 2 x 7.4v lipo batterys together whats the best way to link them together.
To keep 'em at 7.4v you'll link 'em in "paralell". Simple terms, positive to positive on each one as well as neg to neg, essentually, you'll want one output for each pollarity (pos neg) and essentually you'll have what we call 2s2p. 2 single cells equalling half of 7.4 a piece times 2 paralelled together.

Great for boats considering the weight/current draw advantages it brings.

My answer in a hurry :D one of my homeboys'll explain it a little simpler than me, I'm just on the move real hard gettin' ready for 2 world class events.. within 30 days of each other.. (possibly 3) EEEYOWZERZ!!!! :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

What is the Kv of the motor and what is the mAh of the batteries?

Setup will depend on these factors

Let's get a better understandning of what you want to do.

Do you wish to parallel (keep the V at 7.4) or series the packs (running 14.8V)?

And what kind of motor and speed controller do you have.

The more specific you are the more correctly we can answer your?

Also, I have been to 2 races in the last month and one this coming week and have time to answer your ?

I am not anyone's homeboy.

Yeah but from the looks of your avatar your somebody's "homegirl" - LOL- :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kidding Alan- REALLY..... Welcome back around and sound advice for the question at hand.

Sorry, I couldn't resist ;)

Andy

Yeah but from the looks of your avatar your somebody's "homegirl" - LOL- :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry, I couldn't resist ;)

Andy
LoL :D shnuck nuck nuck nuuhh :D :lol: :lol:

Drew, I was having a crummy day until I read this..
Yeah well don't be mislead - your too busy to reply remember- and don't go editing my quotes to suite your need <_<

I'm not sponsored :blink: :blink: :blink:

I DID in fact tell the man he gave good advice.....

Andy

Why thank you Drew. If you looked a bit closer....it's a pylwood cutout of Paul Revere. Prob can't see the lanterns from all that bling some of the other cough er ack racers bring here. :D

Why thank you Drew. If you looked a bit closer....it's a pylwood cutout of Paul Revere. Prob can't see the lanterns from all that bling some of the other cough er ack racers bring here. :D
If you never told me, I would have never guessed in a million years- Here I thought maybe a Mrs.Doubtfire outfit from Halloween -LOL- :p or just goofing around. Why did you let me give you grief for all those years- :lol: :lol:

Manfred Man's Earth band said it best-

"Blinded By the Bling"- I mean Light .............. ;)

Andy

OK home boys and girls

thanks for the help i have linked the batterys in ++ and -- seems to be running better as both batterys are coming back warm

the motor is 2700 kv and the esc is 125a the batterys are 7.4v 3000mha 25c

i'm just about to start playing arround with props as i think the run time is to long 15min till flat

You should never run LiPos until they are flat! Hopefully you have a low voltage cutoff on your ESC set for about a 6 volt cutoff. Are you actually measuring the 15 minute run time or just guessing? That would be an average of just 25 amp draw, not much for a 125 amp ESC and not a lot of power on 7.4 volts. What hull are you running the motor in? What prop are you using? Care to share a photo of your model?

You should never run LiPos until they are flat! Hopefully you have a low voltage cutoff on your ESC set for about a 6 volt cutoff. Are you actually measuring the 15 minute run time or just guessing? That would be an average of just 25 amp draw, not much for a 125 amp ESC and not a lot of power on 7.4 volts. What hull are you running the motor in? What prop are you using? Care to share a photo of your model?

I do have a cut off in the esc i think as every time i have charged the batterys they have ben on 6v however i did run a 11.1v battery by its self yesterday the 3 minuits that i ran was very exciting intill the batter had a melt down in the boat. i will add some photos and some info on the boat i got it from hongkong as i live in the maldives its the cheapest for shipping. motor is now a 4090kv i have not timed the run time since the new motor came

You will have heat problems with that high Kv motor...

start running with a smaller prop that you were using with the last motor.

Just a friendly suggestion.

As we have discussed you guys need some photos for more defiend exlinations.

i feel that i must be missing something i have decided its batterys so i have brought some 4s max amps batterys that give a 100a contiuise discharge the max that my motor can take.

This will be the stupidst question of the year but when conecting batterys in series do the balance plugs need to be coneceted in anyway for discharge this is.

i tryed some biger props but they are making small improvments slightly faster. trim is fine tuned but i just want more speed!!!!!

i'm sure you all know how i feel!!!!!!!!

i hope the pics help in some more recomendations

PS (EATMYWAKE) this boat will not do 70MPH so there is no need for you to ask the Price

Back