linking together 2 ESC's

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sneakysneakyracing

has anyone tred linking together 2 ESCs with a y harnes for the reciver and soldering the ESC - motor wires together.

i was thinking of doing this insted of getting a hydra 240 looks very simalar.

any help would be great.

has anyone tred linking together 2 ESCs with a y harnes for the reciver and soldering the ESC - motor wires together.i was thinking of doing this insted of getting a hydra 240 looks very simalar.

any help would be great.

The way to do this so it works is using a Y harness and linking 2 ESCs to an Rx... then have 2 motors, one to each ESC.

The issue in doing what you stated is that each ESC will read the motors position differently and they may not necessarily

"agree" on the results and complications will occur at that point. If you trying to double the ESC capacity, try getting a stronger

version of your ESC.

has anyone tred linking together 2 ESCs with a y harnes for the reciver and soldering the ESC - motor wires together.i was thinking of doing this insted of getting a hydra 240 looks very simalar.

any help would be great.
Each esc has a sensor/controller section, and then the fets.

CC use a separate controller on their hydra series esc, and on the 240 have 2 fet boards controlled by the one controller .

Noting that one fet board is the parent, the other a slave......

The controller card can be removed easily as it is a plugin module.

I am intrigued why the amp hungry have not attempted to mount 4x cc fet boards and use the one controller..all it may need is a firmware upgrade .. and a massive bank of input caps !

Sadly your suggestion to use to separate esc with outputs tied together just wont work.

Each esc has a sensor/controller section, and then the fets.CC use a separate controller on their hydra series esc, and on the 240 have 2 fet boards controlled by the one controller .

I am intrigued why the amp hungry have not attempted to mount 4x cc fet boards and use the one controller..all it may need is a firmware upgrade .. and a massive bank of input caps !

Sadly your suggestion to use to separate esc with outputs tied together just wont work.
Wayne, I think it has been done, I know a guy that used three boards stacked with one controller... this is as far as I can go telling you

about this since I cannot recall which controller with what boards. All I can say is, it's possible... not very practical since you'd need 2 ESC

to make one.

Each esc has a sensor/controller section, and then the fets.CC use a separate controller on their hydra series esc, and on the 240 have 2 fet boards controlled by the one controller .

Wayne, I think it has been done, I know a guy that used three boards stacked with one controller... this is as far as I can go telling you

about this since I cannot recall which controller with what boards. All I can say is, it's possible... not very practical since you'd need 2 ESC

to make one.
Id like to see some pix of the motor that would need 380A !

As an exercise in electronics i see no flaws in the available parts to create a hybrid

Wayne

well it seems this topic has been thought of before

thanks for the input i will wtill give it a try and see what happens

i could get lucky and it works or i might not be lucky seems to be the way of the hobbie

to make one.
Id hazard a guess and say that was the factory standard Barracuda 180 from CC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back