Krylon paint test

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TEST PASSED. Using the original paint sample that passed the other test, it passed again. Poured 30% nitro on paint and sat about a 1/2lb alum weight on it. Sat 26hrs outside. When I removed the alum all I had was and oily surface. Rubbed piant with my finger and the alum and it stuck. I have no reason to stretch the truth about test as I have nothing to gain from it,only that paint passed.

Ken
Try 60 or 70%...

I use POR15 hardnose paints with a couple coats of POR15 Glisten PC. It is bullet proof. You can pour straight nitro on it with no effect. For 60 bucks for the 2 types of coatings, you can paint 10 .21 riggers or monos with it. You must use a respirator with changeable cartridges,15 bucks, Xylene to thin it out, an air compressor, and a $35 dollar Kobalt gravity spray gun from Lowes when applying it. If you can't afford it, do what you will, but for good results and assurance, you should at least use a 2 part clear coat over your paint job. Never paint boats with out a respirator, period! Even rattle cans.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I did and it sucked. I put it on one of my JAE 'riggers and wherever nitro hit it, the paint ran right off the hull. It did seem to work OK on gas boats though.

For rattle cans, Top Flite's LustreKote works well and can take a higher percentage of nitro than what it says on the can. There isn't much of a variety of colors and the shine isn't that good. Their clear coat does help some.

I really miss the Midwest/Pactra Formula-U as it had a great gloss and took any nitro that I could toss at it.

Back