Keps .21

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stefan Adolfsson

Probably the last practice for the season and i tryed my Keps with a Nova Rossi engine, the engine is "straight from the box" so no mods have been made yet!! Will be during winter i guess.. I think it run quite well for a stock engine with a newbe behind the controls....

[Keps .21 with Nova Rossi]

Stefan

Looks good for a new engine.

I hope there will be several more test sessions before the water gets hard!

Keep up the good work.

Jorgen

Stefan

Looks good for a new engine.

I hope there will be several more test sessions before the water gets hard!

Keep up the good work.

Jorgen
Thanks Jorgen,

I was realy pleased with how the engine worked, some tuning will hopefully get some extra rpm and i´m looking forward to try the props you will get for me.

Take care

Stefan

Stefan, very nice! Which specific engine is that one?

Great pond!!!!!

Glenn
Hi Glenn,

To be honest with you about the engine, I´m not sure!!! Got it from Niklas Edlund when i bought the boat.

I have sent him a mail and asked about the it and i will let you know when he peplyes, i think its about 4-5 years old and a track engine but i´m not sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, the NR21 engine comes from me. But its older then that - I would guess 8-9 years, if not older... Its from back in the days when I was painting team bodyshells (1/8 & 1/10 on-road) for Team Serpent & Novarossi (Fabio Domanin & Massimo "Max" Fantini - they where booth working at the Novarossi factory back then). I got the engine as a payment for some painting...

I think it was called Nova 2000 and its not a marine engine - its an 1/8 on-road engine with a new cooling head and a short flywheel. So the porting is high everywhere. If I recall it correctly its only smoothened and sharpened inside and run-in with a propeller before Strefan got it - I never ran it in any boat - just on the bench.

Hello Stefan, your hydro looks great. What carb are you running on your Nova? What prop are you using in the video? Thanks, Richard

Hello Stefan, your hydro looks great. What carb are you running on your Nova? What prop are you using in the video? Thanks, Richard
I think I can answer that as I sold it to him... :D

The carb is an CMD/CMB black carb (the one with the smaller venturi) and the prop is a AB 1445 3.0. The pipe is the short AB 21 pipe for 180 deg manifolds.

See picture. But that was with a Sirio engine (and a fat pipe).

Attachments

• 5141-Keps06.jpg
    5141-Keps06.jpg
    337.6 KB · Views: 4
Thanks Niklas!!!! I´m lucky to have you to awnser the questions for me.... lol To many tricky questions for a newbe!!

Stefan

Hi there Stefan..

Looks good.. and not so much stress in engine at video.. have more to get there when its time to race :)

It seems ill have to improve next year if i want to stay at the best i 3,5 hydro in sweden.. There are a lot of us now that can win races.. nice Stefan

Hi there Stefan..

Looks good.. and not so much stress in engine at video.. have more to get there when its time to race :)

It seems ill have to improve next year if i want to stay at the best i 3,5 hydro in sweden.. There are a lot of us now that can win races.. nice Stefan
Thnks Tobbe,

We will see how much more i can get out of that engine, still only have one prop!!!!! I have some more rops coming in during the winter and i will try to do some more tests as long as the lakes are open and not covered with ice!!

Stefan

Latest posts

Back