k&b 3.56 ob parts

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

obrien

Supporting Member
I was just wanting to know if there is a good place for picking up 3.5 outboard parts. I have found a couple of flex shafts, and a few other misc. parts on ebay, but I was wondering if there is a decent store online that has any thing. I have found a 3.5 tunnel boat that I may buy, but I wanted to make sure I could get the parts I might need before doing so.

I was just wanting to know if there is a good place for picking up 3.5 outboard parts. I have found a couple of flex shafts, and a few other misc. parts on ebay, but I was wondering if there is a decent store online that has any thing. I have found a 3.5 tunnel boat that I may buy, but I wanted to make sure I could get the parts I might need before doing so.
One of the better sources of K&B parts is Gary Preusse of G&M Models, Oakbrook Terrace, IL. He only does phone orders - (630) 279-2451.

JD

I have an online shop, easy to order, pay with credit cards, paypal etc.

www.ovalexpressracing.com

~James

all i run is 3.5 k&b ob's. parts are plentiful and easy to find. fairly inexpensive, also :D . the sources listed here, and the manufacturer (mecoa) are good sources. james at O.E.R. is also a great source of info and hipo parts and work. and a wonderful person to deal with :D !!!! welcome and enjoy the little boats. any questions, feel free to ask. where are you located?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am located in St. Petersburg Florida. I am really thinking of getting into the nitro boats since there is a decent amount of racing around here, where as with the electrics there doesn't seem to be as much.

If you guys had the choice would you race the k&b 3.5 or the OS? If I don't buy this older hull with the k&b motor, I may just buy a new hull.

The O.S. has pretty much dominated stock 20 class in recent years. Go to the link on the World Tunnel Championships, click on entries, and then check the list of boats and engines listed in the Sport 20 Tunnel Class. That would give you a good indicator of what boats/engines are the most popular for racing.

JD

OS is the new top dog when it comes to the 3.5 tunnel classes. Excluding mod motors that is.

Mike

what kind of hulls do you guys consider to be good competitive hulls in the 3.5 class? Would the aquacraft top speed hull be a decent choice, or should I look else where? I want get into racing, and I want to make sure I have a good starting point. When it comes to the mod classes, what motors are a good choice? What kind of speeds do the boats typically run in the stock and mod classes?

Thanks for all the info guys!

The O.S. has pretty much dominated stock 20 class in recent years. Go to the link on the World Tunnel Championships, click on entries, and then check the list of boats and engines listed in the Sport 20 Tunnel Class. That would give you a good indicator of what boats/engines are the most popular for racing.
JD

hi & Goodday Sir,

I myself and some other fellow obnut are still running our K&B motors, Yes we like the OS we run them too here on our TopSpeed 2. We wish that OS would make the 7.5 or 11 or 13 Ob motors co'z they are great to run.I'm in need parts and it a long list, Iike me and few of my buddys we're looking for cables piston, sleeve and con-rod for it. I would really like to get em parts from a reliable source. Would appreciate the info. Thank you.

JD

hi & Goodday Sir,

I myself and some other fellow obnut are still running our K&B motors, Yes we like the OS we run them too here on our TopSpeed 2. We wish that OS would make the 7.5 or 11 or 13 Ob motors co'z they are great to run.I'm in need parts and it a long list, Iike me and few of my buddys we're looking for cables piston, sleeve and con-rod for it. I would really like to get em parts from a reliable source. Would appreciate the info. Thank you.
os or k&b, call james at O.E.R.-one stop shop.........

what kind of hulls do you guys consider to be good competitive hulls in the 3.5 class? Would the aquacraft top speed hull be a decent choice, or should I look else where? I want get into racing, and I want to make sure I have a good starting point. When it comes to the mod classes, what motors are a good choice? What kind of speeds do the boats typically run in the stock and mod classes?
Obrien,

Since you live in St Pete and are close to Orlando you may want to take a drive over for a day and watch the Winternats the end of January. Will give you a great perspective on what is actually running and you'll meet a lot of people who will more than answer your questions. Bet a few will even have some euipment for sale. Don't be shy and introduce yourself. Hope we see you there and at future races.

http://www.namba3.net/ this site has all the local info. Go to clubs and then the Orlando Culvert Dodgers and you'll get their race info.

Mic

Obrien,

Since you live in St Pete and are close to Orlando you may want to take a drive over for a day and watch the Winternats the end of January. Will give you a great perspective on what is actually running and you'll meet a lot of people who will more than answer your questions. Bet a few will even have some euipment for sale. Don't be shy and introduce yourself. Hope we see you there and at future races.

http://www.namba3.net/ this site has all the local info. Go to clubs and then the Orlando Culvert Dodgers and you'll get their race info.

Mic
Thanks for the info. Hopefully I can make it over that weekend. I would love to see some good racing.

os or k&b, call james at O.E.R.-one stop shop.........

hi,

I'm abit confuse hereQ.E.R? Are you refering to Oval Racing? Any Link?.

Thank You.

There only One OS xm OB

K&B 3'5/7.5/11/13 OB

Made In USA

you're right. all i run is 3.5 k&b ob's. i have never had a parts problem., except breaking them :p .

Back