James " Gabe " Clegg

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waterbug

Well ol'friend as I write this they are packing your house up for the trip.... :( I could not stay yesturday to say goodbye.....tears from a 45 year old man would not be cool ..............!!

I would like to thank you for taking me in to this great hobby !!! No matter how lame my questions you would take the time to explain, build my engines and try to teach me the things I needed to know....

It is with a heavy heart I say these things...BUT I will not say good bye to my friend......just see you later in 3-5 years if the good lord sees fit for me to be here !!!!!!! :p

Your Friend,

Butch Jackson ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
waterbug said:
Well ol'friend as I write this they are packing your house up for the trip.... :(   I could not stay yesturday to say goodbye.....tears from a 45 year old man would not be cool ..............!!
I would like to thank you for taking me in to this great hobby !!!  No matter how lame my questions you would take the time to explain, build my engines and try to teach me the things I needed to know....

It is with a heavy heart I say these things...BUT I will not say good bye to my friend......just see you later in 3-5 years if the good lord sees fit for me to be here !!!!!!!

Your Friend,

Butch Jackson ;)

115018[/snapback]

We'll miss ya Gabe. Man it's been great racing with you these past couple of years. It just won't be the same. Well good luck and stay safe and we'll see you again in 3 years and congrats on winning the enduro.

~Mitch Jr.

PS: When you get back, my dad said that he wants another shot at that wing eating title :lol: .

Let me add..

Topfuel 443 is a man with a huge heart, fun to hang with and i leader in the hobby.

Gabe.. Take care. Say healthy and get back on Iwaters as soon as you can.

Grimracer

I would also like to add that James is one great tunnel driver. Not afraid to dice it up with whoever or whatever is on the course.

And...I think he is now holds the record for the most number of laps put on one outboard motor at any event!!

I see huge potential as "Mr. Tunnel Boat" in Germany!

Mark

James you will be missed by everybody. Good luck with your move and keep in touch with us on the I.W.

Great people and fast boats! Thanks for inviting us over!

We had a great time.

-Carl,

Gabe I wish you the best and hope like HE-- you can find some boat racers over in Germany so you can continue to show great sportsmanship and comraderie as you have here in the states. Stay safe and keep in touch!

PS you gotta come back for next years Enduro as I will have enough fuel this time to run the entire 20 minutes. It was a blast and I am happy you won it!

Later........Ron

waterbug said:
Well ol'friend as I write this they are packing your house up for the trip.... :(   I could not stay yesturday to say goodbye.....tears from a 45 year old man would not be cool ..............!!
I would like to thank you for taking me in to this great hobby !!!  No matter how lame my questions you would take the time to explain, build my engines and try to teach me the things I needed to know....

It is with a heavy heart I say these things...BUT I will not say good bye to my friend......just see you later in 3-5 years if the good lord sees fit for me to be here !!!!!!!

Your Friend,

Butch Jackson ;)

115018[/snapback]

Yup, a bunch of teary eyed 40 somethin' year old guys is not pretty! :p

Gabe, we gonna miss ya buddy. I sure wish we could have hooked up one more time to polish off that 1/2 gallon of Bacardi we cracked open @ Atlanta. By all means keep in touch & please stay active on I/W as best you can. ;)

We're going to miss you Gabe! You need to plan a vacation and get over here for the race next year.

Gabe's STOCK OS powered Lynx not only completed 47 laps to win Enduro but also ran five rounds in B tunnel, Sport B, Offshore and Open Tunnel. He also had a run off in Open tunnel. That engine logged a lot of laps this weekend!!

Here's Gabe's SECRET to Enduro.

-Bobby

RaceCraftBearings said:
Gabe I wish you the best and hope like HE-- you can find some boat racers over in Germany so you can continue to show great sportsmanship and comraderie as you have here in the states. Stay safe and keep in touch!
PS you gotta come back for next years Enduro as I will have enough fuel this time to run the entire 20 minutes. It was a blast and I am happy you won it!

Later........Ron

115048[/snapback]

James,

Let me know when yuo are settled in Germany, also what part I mean next to which big city.

See if we can arrange a meeting somewhere with a couple of tunnel guys.

Besides I hope can learn something from you.

Ronald.

moron said:
James,Let me know when yuo are settled in Germany, also what part I mean next to which big city.

See if we can arrange a meeting somewhere with a couple of tunnel guys.

Besides  I hope can learn something from you.

Ronald.

115115[/snapback]

Ronald,

Kaiserslauten is his destination. The house packers are due at his house today to start his packing. That is when this move will really hit home. It was a tearful set of farewells on Sunday. I can attest to it. I was one of them.

You can learn a bunch from him. The engine he ran so much was new and now is well broken in. He dearly hopes that he can get some more interested in the tunells. Even has new kits to build once he gets settled.

John

John

Hey Guys, Its Tuesday night as I write this, this will be my last post for a few days(possibly weeks), depending on our internet access throughout the next couple of weeks. We are taking the laptop, so hopefully we can get acces somewhere.

Man o man, where do I begin??

This has been a really hard time for us, It has indeed been a reality check in the last couple of days, as the movers come and pack up our lives as we know it. The last day of the race was really difficult telling everyone goodbye, especially knowing that it will be a LONG time before I see them again (if ever :( ) I have made a LOT of good friends in the boating community in my area, and surrounding area, next to my family, the commraderie that I have experienced with these people is what I will miss the most. I will value these friendships and knowledge I have gained, throughout the rest of my life.

I cannot think of a better way to have a going away party than the Tunnel Championships that we just completed, I wouldnt have had it any other way. Great racing, Great competition, and Great friendship was enjoyed by all, especially by me, knowing that the move was coming down to the wire.

I am trying to go into this life change with an open mind, as it will be hard or imposible to compare it to life as I know it. I very much look forward to meeting all of my new European Friends upon my arrival, I ask that you guys help me in any way that you can to make my transition as easy as possible.

As for everyone that I call my friends back "home" It has been one HELL OF A RIDE, some of the best competitors and friends are right here in the southeast, you bet your bottom dollar that when I come back to visit, I WILL have a boat with me to dice it up with you just like old times.

Ronald, I will be in touch shortly! TUNNELS ARE COMING TO EUROPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See you guys later, James Gabe "topfuel443" Clegg

Ovalexpress Racing, just went european. :D

Take care James. Thanks for all the help you've given. And remember...this is INTERNATIONAL Waters. I bet it works just fine in Germany. Stay safe Bro!

James Clegg...a TRUE international sportsman.

Ronald,

You can learn a bunch from him. The engine he ran so much was new and now is well broken in. He dearly hopes that he can get some more interested in the tunells. Even has new kits to build once he gets settled.

John

John

John,

Building kits????

Any one of them a spare nemesis??????

This is one I like to build next year.

Ronald, I will be in touch shortly! TUNNELS ARE COMING TO EUROPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See you guys later, James Gabe "topfuel443" Clegg

James One thing you will probably never forget once you are in Germany, on many parts of the highways there is no speed limit...HMHMHMHM

Well looking forward to meet you someday and -race-together.

Ronald.

Last edited by a moderator:
John;

when you get setled in around K-town, let me know and i can put you in touch with the boaters in the area there.

have a great one guy.

carl cisneros

[email protected]

John;

when you get setled in around K-town, let me know and i can put you in touch with the boaters in the area there.

have a great one guy.

carl cisneros

[email protected]

Carl,

It is Gabe (James) that is going to K-town and not I. I am staying in the states. Somebody has to keep the local club going in the next few years.

John

James,

when you are settled in Germany I'll come and visit you, when the weather is still ok I'll bring my leecraft with me.

Good luck with moving.

Back