JAE21, Wow!!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
David,

I will pass along you compliments to the photographer! :D

I'm not sure what the particular shot I linked to shows in relation to the rooster tail. Looking at the wakes made by the left sponson the water is also curving upward, essentially a wave. Now it does seem (not confirmed) that the rear sponson stays on the water, so that the wake from the rear sponson may just be a continuous version of what is seen for the front sponson. Of course evidence of prop blade strikes in this wake can also be seen in other shots, but it seems to me that the wake seen may be the result of both the rear sponson and prop. It would be interesting to get a prop only wake, that should be possible from something like a cat running the prop as surface drive with no skeg on the strut.
Yes it is hard to tell if it is just the curl from the ski with prop marks in it. a side shot would be great on full plain going strait.

There was a small clip of a prop running floating around and it can also be seen in that shot.

David

Finally got to run my JAE21 and now I can also say WOW :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7CqWC5jBpE&feature=player_embedded

I bought is used and it came with a NR T21-&M and a MAC pipe. What pipe do you recommend for the engine?

normal_JAE21%2C_NR_T21-7M%2C_MAC_pipe2.jpg

thanks Ian, what aluminum pipe would you recommend. I need an aluminum pipe because I need to add a muffler. We have a 80 dB noise limit overhere.

Paul,

I havent tried an aluminium pipe on mine, I tend to run pipes of my own design! So I cant give you a recommendation based on my own experience. However many on IW seem to like the Cooper S pipe on the Novarossi's, so that would seem to be a good place to start.

Glenn, thanks for the engine, when I worked out what it liked it has gone very well, best 21 engine I have run!
default_cool.png

Mike, thanks!
default_biggrin.png
I ran a faster heat but it isn't on video.

What Ian didn't say was he set the fastest heat time for the entire event with that boat. So it was faster than twins, faster than the 45's, the 67's and everything else over 5 racing laps. That's 1500 meters with 10 turns in 58 seconds.

Great job Ian!

pretty well? It runs insane!!! I remember when people said a rigger without chine angle or none trip would ever heat race well..

fantastic driving too... inspiring me to get back to my boats!

Thanks guys, a bit of work to get to this point, and a bit of help from Aaron, Tim D, Boom.
default_cool.png
Still more work to go tho!

I remember when people said a rigger without chine angle or none trip would ever heat race well..
Anthony, it works due to the turn fin, if the turn fin allowed the boat to slide more it would probably trip in turns. The bigger and heavier the boat is and the rougher the water the harder it is to get a turn fin to hold well enough for that, but it can be done. The lack of non-trips, dihedral etc reduces the amount of water the sponsons try to push sideways, which reduces drag.

At the recent SAW event in Australia I removed the turn fin from the JAE, ran one of Aaron Alberico's props (not even a proper SAW prop) and managed to raise the Aus record to about 142kph (approx 88mph). Not too bad for a race boat!

Thanks to Aaron for a lend of the prop and guidance in driving SAW.
default_biggrin.png
default_cool.png

Latest posts

Back