JAE ESC? Help please

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michael defrain

I'm building the JAE 21FE from zipkit, plan on running a Leopard3674 2200kv looks like a nice Motor. The battery will be 4 cell, more than likely 6500mah. I'm looking for a water cooled ESC with an on/off switch. Have no Idea what to use OSE has suggested swordfish 220 or Seaking 180 can anyone give any insight or suggestions thanks the Seaking is heaver by 40grams are there other choices, brands. I want good equipment Looking to make this a my winter project.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a swordfish in my JAE and it works fine. I bought the boat used and it came with the controller. Does not have an off on switch. I have an MGM for backup but the screws holding the heat sinks in place got stripped. I am using a hose clamp to hold the heat sinks in place. I like the swordfish better. I have a castle that works really well too on 4s but no switch.

John

The swordfish 220 is a good esc for the money, make sure you get the program box so you can change the timing etc. Ive run mine in a Q mono with a Leo 4082 1600kv and I've not had one issue with it.

Back