Jae 45 is now done.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I can get a clean reading it is almost spot on most reads are +/- 200 rpm.

I will check a pass multiple times until a given reading has become definitive.

A good way to spot check is with vids with aero props showing real time readings with photo cell tach.

There I have been spot on or within 30 rpm the camera is up close so the audio is solid.

Another is sensor link to the output showing real time rpm as the throttle transitions.

Yes a great way to observe performance in lieu of no radar gun or data link. It will clearly show

rpm improvements as you tweak the setup.

With the prop calc we can take a look at potential speed in lieu of no timing trap or radar etc.

ABC 2319 19°rake 38% blade area so 4.37in or 111mm total pitch
Given slip variance input I figure the rigger was doing around 89 - 93 mph on that last front pass.

Would be great to have a radar read to compare the above but at least there is something to work
with during a vid review. As Butch leaned on the NV servo it was clearly picking up the pace eating
up ground fast / time to turn was getting reduced no doubt. Impressive run of modern gear
default_cool.png

I ran that same setup last year. No problems. I will get the volt reg now. Thanks for info.

Butch, if you get the Castle regulator Ron mentioned, it might be worth it to get a "Castle Link". See the pic. With that you can use your PC to set the output voltage to exactly 6.0 volts instead of the 5.1 that they come with. Or just find somebody with one and have him program your regulators for you.

Link.JPG

Stu actually makes a point in his instructions with the needle to plumb it that way.
Well I have mine plumbed different with the fuel going on the top and the bottom going to the carb. And my boats run great. All my Twin (3), F mono, 40 mono and I have never seen a issue whatsoever.

I always did it the other way also and it worked fine. Not sure why Stu recommends the doing it opposite.

All the servos are rated at 4.8 and 6.0 volts. It certainly won't hurt and may help to run them at 5.1 as suggested. You will have a little less torque on the servo though.

Right, but you still could set the regulator at 6.0 instead of 5.1 since the servos specifications say 6.0. Then no matter what the come off the charger at you won't be above 6.0.

No wrong way if you don't mind spinning the barrel..

Most.. (and by that I mean all) will never know the difference between 5 and 6V.. if you need more voltage or feel you need more voltage.. to operate your boat.. you have the wrong servo in your boat.

I can say however.. your lower voltage servos will be VERY good little servos when used with the proper voltage.

Spin the barrel..........

Grim

Grim is correct. Lower voltage will last longer. Over juicing servos is not good and will result in overloading the motors ect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Butch Londrigan,
I'm setting up a boat like yours, I can not find the distance between the aft mirror and the center of the engine. What measure did you use?
I would be grateful if I could give this information.

Back