Jae 45 is now done.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Butch.. consider a regulator on that servo batt combo.. Castle has a good 10amp unit for little money.

Grim

Butch.. consider a regulator on that servo batt combo.. Castle has a good 10amp unit for little money.

Grim
This info is DEAD ON, lost a 3305 Friday am after 3 tanks. I have Castle regulators on all boats now with Life packs. Cuts the voltage to 5.1 (default setting) Castle part number is

on Tower is CSEM0005 $20.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have video of this boat running if u go to youtube and look me up

M screenname is hydroracer 164 and have videos of his 1/8 running as well

I was curious what sort of rpm the engine was making on the passes in front of the camera, so

checked with my audio tach phone app and was seeing 29K ish rpm on the last pass as the rigger was

approaching the camera and 31k ish as it passed the camera ie doppler effect. The last pass the tank was

apparently getting low and the rpm picked up a bit.

Great run all you could hope for and a sweet location for testing!

Butch,
That video is interesting. The boat seems about as fast as your green JAE running the 14 series prop (maybe slightly slower... your green JAE was absolutely ballistic), but the RPM doesn't seem like what it was with your new ABC prop. If you're able to achieve the same RPM with the new ABC prop, that thing will be a rocket ship.

Bradley,

Do you know how accurate those RPM auto tach's are? I suppose at worst if gives you a baseline for further testing.

Back