JAE .12 G3

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Mark and Kentley..final weight o,959kg ready to run less fuel and considering that i'm using a heavy rudder servo(15kgs torque) I think its light.The mod on the original carb worked very well...I adapted an O.S. needle and fuel inlet from the 9B carb plus the barrel was bored to 7,5mm....lot of power in a tiny package......next thursday first test.

http//:grsboats.com.br

Thanks for your compliment kroggs...here more pics of the same boat with a different set up...O.S. carb and Novarossi header..... pipe on the left side of the boat....no difference observed in performance!

Thanks Mark and Kentley..final weight o,959kg ready to run less fuel and considering that i'm using a heavy rudder servo(15kgs torque) I think its light.The mod on the original carb worked very well...I adapted an O.S. needle and fuel inlet from the 9B carb plus the barrel was bored to 7,5mm....lot of power in a tiny package......next thursday first test.

http//:grsboats.com.br

Hi Gill,

Can you tell me how you istalled the nipple on the carb,

Thanx

Bob Morton

Hi Bob it wasn't an easy task to install that nipplle but if you make some precise measurements and have the right tools you will see that's possible.First of all I had to install the O.S needle removed from the 9b carb enlarging the thread of the original Nova nipple to 1/4....this needle fits nicely the entrance of the spraybar.After that you can make a 1/8 hole in the limit of the brass sleeve to produce a thread of 6/32 to install the O.S nipple...take care to not trespass the inside of this brass sleeve because there's not too much room to go wrong so take your time and the results will pay off...the Nova carb now has the precision of an OS carb.Thanks for your interest. Gill

Forgot to say that you have to cut the spraybar leaving only 1/8 of the brass tube from the O.S. needle side.If you need I can post a pic of this mod.Gill

Hi Gill,

Thanx for all the information and the pictures. I am using an BVM needle mounted to the hull. Works great , when I saw your mod nice and crisp. I said that's for me. I also see you used a OS carb. What number? This 12 boat is addictive:) :) I will send you some updates.

Thanx PS I have the same pipe as you and it works great

but I have a smaller pipe to test also

Bob Morton

Bob Actually I tested the boat with different set ups that's why you see it with an O.S. 4E carb but it ended up with the original Nova with the same performance.Yes small boats are really addictive and easy to transport :lol: ......I'm getting lazy to run my big bloclcs.

Back