Irwin Cup Regatta is Cancelled for this year

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Hahn

It's with great regret that I must call the Irwin Cup Regatta for this year. We had the lake professionally treated with herbicide and It is working well but as the weeds are dying they have been floating to the top instead of sinking and the middle of last week the dying seemed to speed up and I've spent the past three days trying to get ahead of the mess that's floating on the surface and after another 6 hour attempt this morning I've come to the conclusion that there's no way I can keep it clean as each day more surfaces and the course is not runable. We had high hopes of putting on a great first race but it looks like the race gods are against us this year. We'll plan on holding the 1st annual again next year and by then the forrest at the bottom of our lake should be long gone. I would like to thank everyone for they're support and help with getting this first race up and running. I'd much rather call this now than have all of you be here Friday and staring at the mess I have been for the past few days it's not pretty. I'll get busy tomorrow and get refunds out to all entered participants who have pre paid and again my apologies go out to all and I hope to see you next year under better circumstances! Sorry and thanks to all for the support! Don't forget to get your motels cancelled! gh

Wow, I really really hate to see this. No other lakes/ponds/reservoirs in the area big enough to hold this event?

I just got an e-mail from Rick Reisinger on this, it's too bad that the race won't happen this year. It's probably a little late now to get another site on such short notice and hope that those who had their rooms reserved don't get charged any cancellation fees.

If another site could be an option maybe the Celina site would work.

I sent an E-Mailed to 487 R/C boaters to let them know ....

I am very heart broken .

We had the same problem at Celina and ended up draging a large farm gate threw the pond for 4 hour's to clean it up, that is a nasty job but it worked 4 us.....

Im bummed...

Rick R

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear this Greg.. No worries however.. WE WILL ALL BE BE THERE IN 2014!

Grimracer

Just hoping I was able to get the word out and called as many as possible and made contact to spread the word last sunday. I don't want anyone to show up and there be no race. thanks for the support and patients all of you! gh

Greg, I'm guessing that you sent the mass e-mail about the full-sized boat races in Constantine this weekend. I've been there before as it seems like they keep moving the sites around. Last year there was one at Fort Custer outside of Battle Creek. The Constantine site is nice, wooded with bleacher seating plus they sell beer there!.

If I would have known I would have taken tomorrow off and rolled down there, it's maybe a 45 minute drive away.

Greg, I'm guessing that you sent the mass e-mail about the full-sized boat races in Constantine this weekend. I've been there before as it seems like they keep moving the sites around. Last year there was one at Fort Custer outside of Battle Creek. The Constantine site is nice, wooded with bleacher seating plus they sell beer there!.

If I would have known I would have taken tomorrow off and rolled down there, it's maybe a 45 minute drive away.
No it was the race in Muncie that was canceled

Uncle Phil, I knew the Muncie race was cancelled but it appeared that Greg Hahn used Rick Reisinger's e-mail list out to promote the Constantine hydroplane race.

The really strange thing about it was that it looked like it was copied and pasted from this thread! :blink:

Me either, the really weird part. I sent you the e-mail that I got so you know what I'm typing about.

Ron, I had nothing to do with the mass email. Rick sent it out himself I didn't know he did till Stu Barr called and told me, I called as many as I had accurate numbers for and asked others to notify others along with this cancellation thread. gh

Greg, no worries. I know that the first one came from Rick but the second one was a bit odd. It looked like Rick stayed in Fort Wayne this past weekend at a river raft race. Me, I was sent home from work Friday night ill and Saturday night I went to the ER so I missed the Constantine hydro race also. Actually kind of glad that I'd gotten it as I completely forgot about that race. There are 2 sanctioning bodies that race around the area and I thought that maybe this one was a goner as I didn't see any mention of it last year. It seems like they have another in September at the same lake.

Thanks Greg. I've been going through some med changes and they've found a couple that aren't working or gave off bad side-effects. Disability is almost a joke so it's tapped into my toy and race money this year.

OK, back to the subject at hand.

Latest posts

Back