IMPBA The "Black Book"

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just sitting here thinking about the first time trial that I witnessed. It was at Belle Isle in Detroit and I believe it was 1968. I am quite sure that we did not have the bomb sites at that time. I don't remember how the sights and targets were designed prior to the bomb sites. I may have some old pictures that would ID them. I will try to contact Jack Bucknell to see if he recalls the design. What I do remember is that Ed Kalfus broke the 50mph barrier for R/C boats that day. At that time it was an amazing thing to witness. I have the run on some 8mm film stuck in a drawer somewhere. This winter I will try to find it and have it copied to a CD. Jerry Betke

Hey Doug. Check with Juice. There are a lot of Rule Books in the stuff I gave him last Saturday. Jerry Betke

Still going through the box I got from Jerry. Some good stuff in there. Thanks Jerry for dropping it at the race Saturday.

How old are we looking for? My dad joined in 74-75 ish. May have old articles or rules books, The old manila envelopes with flyers that were mailed out by Pat Bridge. We never threw out anything.
default_smile.png

Has anyone contacted Dick Jones regarding IMPBA files? Seems to me I had a conversation with him a few years back and he mentioned something about IMPBA stuff.

Thanks, John

Just getting back to this. Got the pics Terry, very cool!!

Thank you sir!

Last edited by a moderator:
Gary Preusse may have lots of old information. Also Trudy at Octura. No telling how many photos they have. Tom always had his camara ready for action when he attended races.

Somewhere there is a video of Aaron's (Ozspec) D hydro when it ran 139 mph a few years back.

Back