*** IMPBA 1/3 Mile Oval Record Trials = March 8th & 9th = Atlanta, GA ***

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lamar_Huff

Hey Gang,

On March 8th & 9th The Atlanta Model Boaters will be holding our first ever record trials. Please see below for more information:

March 8 to March 9, 2014 RECORD TRIAL ATLANTA, GA
Atlanta Model Boaters
Timed event for 1/3 mile Oval.
Naturally Fresh Pond, 1000 Naturally Fresh Blvd., Atlanta, GA 30349

CLASSES: All IMPBA Nitro, Gas and FE classes. Pre-registration is required, contact Norman Morton. $25 flat fee to enter. Run as often as time permits. 8 AM start time-- event starts when equipment setup complete. The timing equipment will be in operation as long as weather permits.

NOTE:Every evening at 4:00 PM: Only drivers whose boats have been within 5% of the record during the event, or that current record holder will be allowed to run on the short list.

CD: Norman Morton (404) 761-3775 email: [email protected]
Assistant CD: Doug Smock (404) 308-4011 email: [email protected]

1000 Naturaly Fresh Blvd
Atlanta, GA 30349

Contact : CD: Norman Morton (404) 761-3775 email: [email protected]

We hope to see you there!

Thanks,
Lamar Huff
President
Atlanta Model Boaters

Awsome!
default_smile.png

Glad to see thier is some excitement for the event! IMPBA National Records Director Doug Smock was instrumental in garnering support within the club to host the event. It is certainly a LOT less work than the Spring Nats!!!

Hope to see you guys there!

Thanks,

Lamar

Last edited by a moderator:
Gents,

If you plan on running @ the Atlanta record trials PLEASE pre-register with Norman.

Contact : CD: Norman Morton (404) 761-3775 email: [email protected]

This way Norman can start the log with names, classes, and times to beat. It will greatly speed up the process come time for the event. We will have everything already filled out and ready to go and we won't have to be trashing through the record books trying to get everything in order.

Thanks for your cooperation!

Lamar

Well we couldn't have asked for better weather.
default_cool.png

Fourteen records have been applied for. I’ll post the official results as soon as I get a little rest and review the applications.

Jerry Crowther
B Mono
E Mono

Andy Brown
LSG 36 Rigger

Lamar Huff / Mike Whitley
LSG 36 Mono
LSG 27 Mono

Lamar Huff
LSG 36 Catamaran

Reed Eagle
N Super Stock Sport Hydro
N Super Stock Mono
N Stock Mono
N Stock Catamaran
N Stock Sport Hydro

Brad Schafer
P Mono
S Mono

Doug Smock
T Mono

I am whipped... I made enough strut, prop, & pipe adjustments over the past two days to last me for the rest of the year! Not to mention the number of buoys I either cut or ran OVER!

Thanks to all who attended the event & to the Atlanta crew for putting on the event.

Congrats to the new record holders!

Later,

Lamar

BIG congrats guys!
default_smile.png

Would have loved to have been there but still in rehab from shoulder surgery. Can't play with the big power stuff yet.
default_sad.png

Here are the official results. The records will be updated and sent to the webmaster by the end of the week.

Jerry Crowther
B Mono 26.126 sec
E Mono 22.056 sec

Andy Brown
LSG 36 Rigger 17.262 sec

Lamar Huff / Mike Whitley
LSG 36 Mono 22.237 sec
LSG 27 Mono 23.076 sec

Lamar Huff
LSG 36 Catamaran 24.316 sec

Brad Schafer
P Mono 27.159 sec
S Mono 27.151 sec

Doug Smock
T Mono 23.534 sec

Reed Eagle
N Super Stock Sport Hydro 52.072 sec
N Super Stock Mono 50.842 sec
N Stock Mono 69.193 sec
N Stock Catamaran 66.653 sec
N Stock Sport Hydro 52.365 sec

Congratulations fellas!!

A big thank you goes out to our CD Norman Morton for running the clock for two long days. Special thanks to Don Huff , Jerry Crowther, and Andy Brown for the technical inspections on the fuel side of things. And to the rest of the AMB crew, thank you for all of the hard work before, during, and after the event. You guys are the best!!

Doug

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice job, Guys.

Way to go, Mr. Reed Eagle! Now, go do the updates to the hull on that mono I suggested and watch those times drop further!
default_smile.png

Congrats to the Atlanta club on their first record trials. It looks like you guys did a bang up job. And congrats to all the record holders. Those times are just smokin.

Back