IMPBA / NAMBA

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russ Williamson

With all the different racing classes and none of them being called what they really are, by both orgs, seems like both orgs could at least call each class the same thing.

In doing so, at least when a newbie learns what a particularly class is in one org., it would be the same in the other. This would be very helpful for all the discussions on the forums.

Seems like it could be a simple matter for the IMPBA and NAMBA officials to just work out what each class is called for Nitro, Gas and FE. I would not think most current racers really care, unless they live in the past and say "it has always been that way". Lets look to the future and make it easier.

Thanks,

Russ

With all the different racing classes and none of them being called what they really are, by both orgs, seems like both orgs could at least call each class the same thing. In doing so, at least when a newbie learns what a particularly class is in one org., it would be the same in the other. This would be very helpful for all the discussions on the forums.

Seems like it could be a simple matter for the IMPBA and NAMBA officials to just work out what each class is called for Nitro, Gas and FE. I would not think most current racers really care, unless they live in the past and say "it has always been that way". Lets look to the future and make it easier.

Thanks,

Russ
Now there is a great Idea, as I race in both, IMPBA abd NAMBA, and sometime its get confusing on how to enter the boat in the proper class.

Thanks

Walt Barney

With all the different racing classes and none of them being called what they really are, by both orgs, seems like both orgs could at least call each class the same thing. In doing so, at least when a newbie learns what a particularly class is in one org., it would be the same in the other. This would be very helpful for all the discussions on the forums.

Thanks,

Russ
Now there is a great Idea, as I race in both, IMPBA abd NAMBA, and sometime its get confusing on how to enter the boat in the proper class.

Thanks

Walt Barney
IMPBA tried changing to numbers (engine sizes) instead of letters recently. Apparently, that was too intuitive, because after a year the trial ended and we went back to the not at all obvious lettering scheme. I too think the idea of common class designations would be great. One has to wonder if the reason this hasn't been done already is that doing so would create fear among some that the organizations might actually be working together. :D

Why not just list the classes both ways, with letter/CID so there is no confusion? Seems to me that would make the most sense considering many only know the classes by letter designations. I just had a thought, would we have to ask the AMA to drop designations like "1/2A" and "A" as well?

A SIG does not need persmission from the AMA for most of its business. If the SIG has rulebook events published in the AMA rulebook then they fall under the AMA rules process, but it is not likely that IMPBA would do that (publish their rules in the AMA rulebook).

SO the short answer is: Probably not.

Back