IF your looking for a good band saw, This one is for you!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Luszcz

Vendor
Well, after building a few boats with my Ryobi 9" band saw, dealing with its bad wobble, and bad tracking, I finally had enough. I looked on sears, and their Craftsman 10", $200 band saw, is on sale right now for $159.99, and believe me, its worth it. No wobble, no bad tracking, full ball bearings, such a great deal for something quality. My sanding time will greatly be reduced due to smoother cutting! Figured I would share this with everyone. Oh, by the way, don't look at the craftsman 9" band saw, it is night and day in quality compared to the 10". Also, do not go by the online quantity in stock..My local store had it right there in stock despite the online locator saying they had zero!

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_0...sName=Band+Saws

Last edited by a moderator:
I have looked at that one a few times, but keep holding off for the 12" model. Your right it does look like a nice saw for the money.

Dale P.

Nice little saw ..the Ryobis do suck , Deltas are better ..this one looks worth a shot .

12 " saw is really big and you don't need it for hobby work , iv'e got two of the 12" 's at the shop and for what we do the 10 is nice .

Well, after building a few boats with my Ryobi 9" band saw, dealing with its bad wobble, and bad tracking, I finally had enough. I looked on sears, and their Craftsman 10", $200 band saw, is on sale right now for $159.99, and believe me, its worth it. No wobble, no bad tracking, full ball bearings, such a great deal for something quality. My sanding time will greatly be reduced due to smoother cutting! Figured I would share this with everyone. Oh, by the way, don't look at the craftsman 9" band saw, it is night and day in quality compared to the 10". Also, do not go by the online quantity in stock..My local store had it right there in stock despite the online locator saying they had zero!
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_0...sName=Band+Saws
I have one just like that and I can't get it to cut stright no matter what I do. and the blade size is an oddball and they suck also.

just my thoughts.

Terry

I have had one for 20 years and I love it.No problems here.
Dave Roach
i got tired of using the xacto blade or a dremel and sanding forever..so i bought a 12 inch craftsman just the other day...wow, what a cool machine..i do not know how i got along without it . i just made a set of sponsons tonight on it and man ...im in heaven. and price was not bad i think it was 369.99 and about a hour to setup.

tk

I have had this band saw for a few years and really like it for the most part. Great for small stuff. The problem is it takes a 70 ½ blade. Not an easy blade size to find. Until recently Sears only sold the blades in an assortment pack with only one that is usable for the work we do. I would recommend getting the 12 inch model or better yet the 14” if you have the room. Regardless of what saw you buy, make sure you can easily get replacement blades

My 9" Skil from Lowes works pretty good. I do have to sand the cuts smooth, but only a little sanding is required.

I bought a 12" Jet bandsaw because I LOVE my other Jet equipment. But the roller guides suck (essentially blocks - and there isnt any upgrades) checked the ones on the Craftsman you're considering - it has the good ones! Looks like a nice piece of equipment. ;)

Grizzley has a 14in bandsaw on sale right now!!!!!!!! You cannot beat the price for this saw. Around 400$ I have a 2 hp 18" in Delta band saw and a 60 year old 14" delta band saw. This saw was used during WW2 at the Higgins plant in New Orleans making landing craft boat parts. My Grandfather gave it to me 25 years ago and I rebuilt it 3 times I just changed the motor that my Grandfather had on the saw. The saw went through Hurricane Katrina and Rita. It is so well built everything is robust. Even the very best Delta band saws are not built like the old ones. The castings are a lot heavier the the new ones. If you really want a good one looks in fleebay every now and then you will fing a couple of old delta saw's for sale. When I die that's when my saw will change hands. Do not settle for a small saw to get you by you will regret it in the long run.

http://www.grizzly.com/products/14-Bandsaw-3-4-HP/G0580

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought a 12" Jet bandsaw because I LOVE my other Jet equipment. But the roller guides suck (essentially blocks - and there isnt any upgrades) checked the ones on the Craftsman you're considering - it has the good ones! Looks like a nice piece of equipment. ;)
Sealed bearings on mine.

Latest posts

Back