I Waters Rocket Club

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joe, THANKS A BUNCH!! Im sure ill have a BALL goin thru it all! Back in the day RCD receivers were excellent receivers to use...ive got an AM RX in an old plane that still works as good as the day I bought it! Old R/C stuff is like piston vs turbine powered Unlimiteds, the piston boats are gone, but its still cool to reflect and remember back in the day!
default_smile.png

Very Nice. Are those Wildman Rockets? The weather just hasnt been cooperating for us in the Mid Atlantic. January and February launches both scrubbed. I purchased my first two K motors in preparation for Red Glare in Maryland this April.

Mark does some AWSOME work, have you tried him for any boat stuff yet ? im working on a 20 tunnel that needs some decal love, Just hate to be the boat test rabbit. lol

Well we had our annual Red Glare Spring Launch last weekend on the eastern shore of Maryland. Had a nice time. I was there two of the three days. On Friday, we had 800 foot ceilings so hardly anyone launched. My buddy was going for his level 2 but with the low ceiling we threw an H motor in there for a warm up flight. Turns out he pops a fin on what was a good flight. Dooh!! On Saturday we had 15-20 know winds. So I only launched my Mini Magg on an I motor which resulted in a boost to 2400 feet and a 3/4 mile walk in a corn field. LOL I brought my Darkstar 3 and Formula 98 but they had to stay in the trailer because I didnt want to take a chance launching them on the K motors I brought with the high winds. The good news was we found a vender that had some plywood so we went to work and cut a new fin and glued it on my buddy's rocket. The fin wasnt pretty but perseverance paid off as he had a nice flight up to 3300 feet and another long walk for recovery. I had to leave on Saturday eventing and wouldnt you know it the weather was perfect on Sunday with calm winds and sunshine. The only one that remained from my group was another buddy who was going for a Level 3 Recert on a brand new Wildman Ultimate that I helped him build. For those that don't know the Ultimate is 12 feet of 6" diameter G10 fiberglass. Anyway, Wildman talked my buddy into a M3400
default_ohmy.png
for the flight. The motor hit hard and what started out as beautiful launch ended up with a major CATO. Dooh!!! My heart sunk when I heard the news. We put allot of time into that rocket over the last couple of months.All indications are that it was a motor failure but we'll see what Cesaroni Say. Oh well. Back to boating season.. My K motors will have to wait until fall.

2015-0411 - 1251.26 CIMG8341.JPG

2015-0412 - 1421.52 CIMG0347.JPG

2015-0412 - 1422.02 CIMG0348.JPG

11133733_957192054315725_2278936421013122499_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
**** - that really really sucks to see the damage on the Ultimate - what a killer rocket to get hurt like that....
default_ohmy.png

I SOOOO have to fly soon- The MadCow Hawk 23-B has yet to see a flight and the Argent is ready for a G-80 flight , has 7 perfect G40 flights so far ..... I finally got a Cessi 29/140 case , just need to buy a soft H and get my L-1
default_wink.png

The good news is many of manufactures are stepping up.so the replacement cost won't be too bad for him. Even the chute manufacturer. I think he is going to down size the next project though. If I ever do a L3 project it will be a 4 inch diameter rocket on a baby M. I'm getting too old to recover a 50 pound rocket plus the cost of 98mm motors is nuts. Instead of a plastic liner, they use G10 fiberglass and glue the grains inside of them.

Good luck on your L1 and let us know when you attempt it.

Been really really tempted to use a soft Cessi H motor 29mm - in my Argent on single deploy , we have a TON of room at Varn Ranch - That way I still get to load my own case easily , have full build pics and I dont have to worry with a DD system. On a G80-7W its pushing 1900 ft and has 8 perfect flights -most G40 -7W

Im all ears to input or suggestions ?? although i think the perfect day is gonna be key
default_wink.png

Finished my fiberglass Madcow Little John this past week. Its maiden flight will be my L1 attempt on July 11 at the Launch Crue's 25th anniversary banquet and sport launch. Going to send it up on an AT I285. Fingers are crossed, hoping for good weather.

Dennis

Finished my fiberglass Madcow Little John this past week. Its maiden flight will be my L1 attempt on July 11 at the Launch Crue's 25th anniversary banquet and sport launch. Going to send it up on an AT I285. Fingers are crossed, hoping for good weather.

Dennis
Post some pics- thats an awesome bird - best of luck on your L1
default_cool.png

Dennis,

This next weekend is GARLO.. I will be in IL (Champaign) flying on sat.. Bring your bird and get your L1!

Grim

Grim,

I'd love to get my L1 with the CIA. Unfortunately, I have family plans for the next two weekends. I will make it to one of your launches some day. I am really interested in going to the Monticello sight since I have friends right down the road in Cisco.

Dennis

Back