I Waters Rocket Club

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent. You've done your homework.. IMO a 54mm mount is a little big for a 4-5 pound rocket that is not dual deploy. I don't like my ejection deploy rockets to go too much past 2000 feet. It usually results in really long hikes or rockets hung up in the trees unless the wind is dead calm. Good luck with the build. I found building rockets a easy transition after putting boats together. Post some pics when you get started.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just finished my first 1010 rail launch pad using a Jaw Stand for the base. If the fields weren't so muddy, I would be trying it out tomorrow.

IMG_2839.JPG

Nice job. Just needs a little Ammonium Perchlorate patina. We've got a launch scheduled for next weekend in Virginia. So far the long term forecast looks good. If the winds stay down, I may try to bust a mile for the first time with my Wildman Darkstar 3 on A J760 3 grain 54.

[SIZE=10.5pt]Dennis. Be careful with that angled blast plate. I have seen narrow leg stands like that get blown over at ignition or at least whip the rocket. I saw a L1 attempt become just an attempt with that style plate.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Its far better to have the pad get shoved straight into the ground via flat blast plate. Your rocket will not get all dirty if you give it some room (say.. 10”) from the nozzle to the plate. Lots of room on a 10 10 rail.[/SIZE]

Thanks Grim. I intend to use this for all of my MPRs for now. I don't plan on risking my L1 attempt on an unproven launch pad. It's just another factor that I don't want to have to consider at this point.

Dennis

.. I need not worry about you my friend.. Im sure you have a plan.. just more typing fodder from me then anything.

Keep us posted

Grim

This isn't high power or anything, but it was fun because 1)- I scratch built it 2)- it was my first multiple engine rocket..2/D12-5s 3)- It WORKED! went up nice and straight, and higher than I thought it would go.....I was going to name it DOUBLE Ds, but since model rocketry is considered to be a "family oriented" hobby, and I didn't want the launch announcer calling it that over the PA, I called it the DOUBLE DOG!
default_biggrin.png
That went well.....CANT FIND THE PIC TO POST IT!!! UMMMMMM ill get back to ya.'s!
default_blink.png
default_smile.png
Well...better late than never!
default_rolleyes.gif
default_smile.png

022.JPG

023.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Back