I need a show of hands to justify the expense

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron B.

I need a show of hands from those of you that would be interested in a new Online Event Entry site as the venture has become more expensive than originally planned due to the fact that my original coder has had a serious accident and can no longer work on the site. I have had to seek another coder of which is more expensive therefore I need to know if I continue with this venture if there is enough of you wanting a more reliable site with active tech support. Yes the site will be a free service as is the other site however I will have a Donate button should you appreciate the effort that goes into this sort of system.

My original thread pertaining to this venture can be found here: http://www.intlwaters.com/index.php?showtopic=63391&hl=

Robert it goes down a lot at the worst time, and there is no support for it any more.

I have helped many clubs out when the site went down on them. If a club has RaCE Manager I keep their data updated for them should the site go down so they can still have a race, if I didn't do this they would have nothing to hold a race with!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats what i was thinking Ron maybe a backup for the clubs when it goes down each club would have a back up right there on site to work with

I would love to work with Bill and see if we can build on what he already has built. What he has is pretty substantial.

Thanks Mark! I am working with a new coder right now waiting to see how much he wants to finish my site. Hope to have an answer from him by Wednesday of this coming week. I think it will all work out its just a matter of getting it finished, testing it to assure ease of use and then releasing it to the boating public.

I am footing the bill for this out of my own pocket as I have always supported my RC Boating software since 1990 and this is just another step along the way in supporting the Hobby!

We actually were the first to try Online Entry we just did it to early and while we did get some entries online most were still being mailed in. There just wasn't enough of the boating public online back then so we ditched it.

The other site was fine until it began crashing on a clubs race week and leaving them dead in the water without race data, that is not what a club needs to have happen!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well it would be nice to have an option the other site has been down for just about 3 days now.

I hope that yours will kick in as soon has it can.

I'm all for it at this point. I have been waiting several days to post on rcracingevents with no luck. I have nothing. If it ever comes back I'm going to get a screen shot so I will at least know who entered.

If the entry data could be easily converted to the event for heat sheets that would be a plus.

I am still searching for a coder that can finish what we have started and should receive a estimate from a coder within the next few days! Hang in there I am doing all I can to help with the situation at hand.

Latest posts

Back