Holy Grail Carb

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are some very nice and very small pumps now that are inexpensive.

Thy can be run by a standard speed controller that is used for electric motors in FE RC boats. This can be set up for the flow control in conjunction with a remote needle.

A hole threw the case and into the liner just above the boost port is what I have in mind.

The piston sealing the hole will be the timing control.

I know I am crazy..................................LOL

Thy can be run by a standard speed controller that is used for electric motors in FE RC boats. This can be set up for the flow control in conjunction with a remote needle.

A hole threw the case and into the liner just above the boost port is what I have in mind.

"A hole threw the case and into the liner just above the boost port is what I have in mind.

The piston sealing the hole will be the timing control."

Wow David! Your ideas parallel my "Farm" conversation very well. Actually, plagiarize would be the correct word.

Last edited by a moderator:

"A hole threw the case and into the liner just above the boost port is what I have in mind.

Wow David! Your ideas parallel my "Farm" conversation very well. Actually, plagiarize would be the correct word.
HA!

I remember that convo just about 6-7 mo ago in FL.

Why does this this type of actions from David sound soooooooo familiar.......
default_smile.png
default_smile.png
default_smile.png
default_smile.png
default_smile.png
default_smile.png
default_smile.png

One other thing, if you "supper heat" nitro then I can tell you where the next sink hole will be in Florida.........
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png

Why does this this type of actions from David sound soooooooo familiar.......
default_smile.png
default_smile.png
default_smile.png
default_smile.png
default_smile.png
default_smile.png
default_smile.png

One other thing, if you "supper heat" nitro then I can tell you where the next sink hole will be in Florida.........
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
"if you "supper heat" nitro then I can tell you where the next sink hole will be in Florida."

LOL...There is already one in my back yard....200' wide and 30' deep!
default_ohmy.png
default_laugh.png

582725_493989037284059_1645298016_n.jpg

WOW Andy...that would make me nervous....

when David super heats his nitro for "His new fueling Idea" there will be one more......
default_smile.png

well I see I started something again.............................LOL

Some day I will learn to keep my mouth shut.............

Andy the hole in the liner is some thing you shared with me.

I give credit where credit is due.

Now the fuel pump and supper heating is just some thing I came up with in a delusional state.........
default_blink.png

Charles you know if you mix nitro with "chickens#!t" you can make a pretty big hole in the ground...................
default_biggrin.png

I heard this from Geraghty maybe 5-8 years ago. Maybe even longer.

I did this about 15 years ago when I was trying to develop a mechanical F.I. system...

I was drilling .016" hole about .020" above the height of the exhaust port with the hole positioned above the boost port...

This was the combustion pressure piped right to the fuel tank for pressure...

"BE CAREFUL"....

The only hitch in this system is how far and fast the rubber plug in a Sullivan tank can be shot across the room...

The plug will exit the tank at about warp 9...lol ... I have no idea how much fuel pressure is developed but it is a bunch...

I just never got around to developing some sort of pressure relief system to limit the fuel pressure to the tank...

Pipe pressure just wasn't enough to get the F.I. to work right...

I still have the F.I. body and fuel mixture brain somewhere if somebody wants to see some photos...

It works just like a hilborn without the fuel return to the tank...

The fuel delivery signal with normal aspirated induction systems is always reactive .... the fuel delivery signal with a F.I.

is proactive....There is a ton of performance there if some body can get a F.I. to work....

We used crankcase pressure many years ago on our non-piped outboard hydros. We tapped a hole and placed a pressure fitting on the upstroke side of the crankcase in the engine mount centered in the rod channel (downstroke side not as efficient due to the rod blocking the hole briefly as the rod passed the pressure hole). We were amazed at how much pressure we were getting from the crankcase pressure developed during the piston downstroke in these small engines and the timing was perfect as this timeline matches perfectly with the intake timing. I have never tried this on any modern or piped engine but maybe I should...
default_wink.png

I did this about 15 years ago when I was trying to develop a mechanical F.I. system...

I was drilling .016" hole about .020" above the height of the exhaust port with the hole positioned above the boost port...

"BE CAREFUL"....

The only hitch in this system is how far and fast the rubber plug in a Sullivan tank can be shot across the room...

The plug will exit the tank at about warp 9...lol ... I have no idea how much fuel pressure is developed but it is a bunch...

I just never got around to developing some sort of pressure relief system to limit the fuel pressure to the tank...

I still have the F.I. body and fuel mixture brain somewhere if somebody wants to see some photos...

The fuel delivery signal with normal aspirated induction systems is always reactive .... the fuel delivery signal with a F.I.

is proactive....There is a ton of performance there if some body can get a F.I. to work....
Hey Roddey! I hope you are doing great!

That is not the same concept I explained to David and others that were in the group. But I did address the idea of "storing" cylinder pressure from each individual stoke to be used to deliver fuel "directly into the cylinder". It would be reactive to the actual cylinder pressure and load on the engine. The higher the cylinder pressure the more the fuel delivery. Put extra load on the engine for just one stroke and the following stroke would receive a richer shot of mixture. This would be very high pressure captured from high in the power stroke. High pressure "computerized" fuel injection, without the computer or power robbing mechanical pump !

Even pipe pressure with a check valve in the line will blow up a Sullivan tank. An opening experience! LOL

Andy,

I can't honestly say I am doing great , but all things considered , I am doing OK!

This getting old thing is a real nasty trip...haha....

I will give you a call soon and we will catch up...

Rod

This pump is submersible 40 GPH 5.5 PSI 12v brushless veritable speed controlled.

Just one of many thy make.

s-l1600.jpg

Andy,

I can't honestly say I am doing great , but all things considered , I am doing OK!

This getting old thing is a real nasty trip...haha....

I will give you a call soon and we will catch up...

Rod
Roddney,

What is it they say? Getting old is not for Sissies? Proves the older we get, the tougher we are!

well I see I started something again.............................LOL

Some day I will learn to keep my mouth shut.............

Andy the hole in the liner is some thing you shared with me.

I give credit where credit is due.

Now the fuel pump and supper heating is just some thing I came up with in a delusional state.........
default_blink.png

Charles you know if you mix nitro with "chickens#!t" you can make a pretty big hole in the ground...................
default_biggrin.png
Gotta love the last line no matter who you are

"BE CAREFUL"....

Do ya think it needed some sort of one way check valve as the piston screaming back during the power stroke was looking to expel some pressure?

Back