HOBART 2016

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stu,

Please post the address to mail in our entry forms and checks.

Thanks

Just a few notes, in the fine print it says if your boat meets NAMBA specs, its good to run at this race. Set up will be allowed to start after I get the hot pits and our needed spaces lined out. I plan to arrive early Monday morning. The pit areas north of the hot pits will b lined out in 10 foot sections, please ensure your canopies fit within those spaces to get maximum people in that area. The upper space just south of the hot pits is also reserved. We do not have any handicap spaces, but will do whatever we need to too accommodate any needs that arise.
Hi Bruce,

So set up is actually Monday sometime,not Tuesday as the flyer says?? thanks.

Gonna miss out this year. Wish I could go. Just no money in the budget for it. Next year for sure. Have fun yall.

Check sent and airline reservations confirmed. To use my Alaska air miles, my only choice to O'Hare was a 12:45 a.m. flight.
default_sad.png
Oh well, better than paying full price.

JD

Mark and I are entered. Check with entry in the mail in the morning.

Yes where to stay. The Comfort Inn about 2yrs ago was nasty.

Stu where are you going to stay ?
Doc, The Comfort Inn was saying on Trip Advisor that they were under new ownership I think that it was 3 or 4 years ago and they were fixing up the place but the last time I was there, not a thing had been done. Needless to say, I gave them not exactly a stellar rating. The second year we stayed at the Red Roof Inn and people weren't at all happy about that place but we did have a great time there despite that with the parking lot party.

Hey Doc I heard that the motel6 in Merrillville is realy nice recently remodeled that's where Bruce and kyle have stayed the last few years

Last edited by a moderator:
Stu, is it possible for some relative close to Hobart make a site visit on the Motels, especially the Comfort Inn?

Doc, I know a couple of people around Hobart, I'll see if I can hit them up.

My rooms were missing shelves in the fridges so if you had to store some cold ones it wasn't easy. Other than that, I just needed a place to crash for the night and shower so I'm easily satisfied. The meeting area/continental breakfast room is large enough for the Saturday night BS sessions but mainly disappointed when they said that they were working on the place but weren't. That was also a major complaint on Trip Advisor. That's also a great site to get prices and reviews of the motels in the Merrillville area.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Search?geo=37311&redirect&q=Motels&uiOrigin&ssrc=h&typeaheadRedirect=true&returnTo=__2F__&pid=3826&startTime&searchSessionId=062A1260414708D45404F0B2228656B51469466791200ssid

Last edited by a moderator:
We stayed at the Candlewood suites last year and was pretty good. It had a kitchenette and a seperste sitting room from the beds.

Probably go back there.

Last night, I did all the corrections on entries on file that I was advised of. Please check the site (rcracingevents) to be sure I am correct.

Some of you did not print the registration form and send with your payment. If you are unable to print, please list all information (name, address,organization #, classes and frequencies) on a sheet of paper and send with your payment. For those already sent, I made up a sheet if it was missing.

Many of you forgot to list your shirt size. Entry comes with one shirt. Email me your shirt size ([email protected]) if you think you forgot.

Entry cutoff is August 20th (payment received by).

Stu

Back