HOBART 2015

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a great week!

I can really appreciate all the planning & organizing required to host a race of this magnitude.

Was great to see many old friends and to meet some new ones I only knew on line.

Thanks to Stu, Bruce, Sean, Kyle, Pete, "The Real Grims" and all the others that worked their tails off through some challenging conditions to run the event.

Thanks to the City of Hobart for all their support and the nice meal Saturday night.

This one's on my calendar from now on!
default_smile.png
Nice to see you at the race, Congrats on the first in F hydro, winning the three way tie run off race.
https://youtu.be/WcNpCPzI2xs here is the video Fhydro

Here is a video of the gasThunder boat racing in last round.
I was racing Scott Lidicoat and did win this race, Scott won the class, but i held onto second place.

I was racing Scott in first round and we were bumping a minute before the start for lane choice, didnt know i was racing him at the time. He got the good start and was gone. HA

https://youtu.be/nKLtDCzhGy0

This is a T boat race Chad wins this one with a good pass on the Hot n Spicy.

https://youtu.be/P3dqWmKSyk4

Results have been posted to rcracingevents.com. Here are some special awards earned.

SIZE MATTERS AWARD (A hydro plus another class)---Team Schindler

JAGUAR TROPHY ( B Hydro)---Mike Betke

JOHN BARR MEMORIAL TROPHY ( D Hydro)---Doug Twaits

MAYOR'S TROPHY (Thunderboat)---Scott Liddycoat

CLOCKTOWER TROPHY---Stu Barr

Thunderboat was a lot of fun Phil! Thanks Doug Twaits for loaning me his gas rigger to run in unlimited pulled off a 3rd with it! Also a big thanks to Don Ferrette for dragging my boat out and pitting for me. I'll be back in 2016!

Long live the zombie club!

Last edited by a moderator:
Scott--you will have to explain the "zombie thing". I cannot put that in print.

Here are some very special awards earned at Hobart. These are called the "Bone Head Award of the Day". Six were earned.

Bruce Jacobs---In his opening speech, he referred to Janet Herrick as the "OLD LADY". Many verbal rotten tomatoes were thrown at him and the award. We held Bruce so Janet could take a "shot" at him.

Kim Grim---Brian Schymik won a heat in Sport 40. Trying to sort out the scores, she thought his Pit Man (Alan Elzer) was fighting to say his driver got 3rd. Bless her heart, she tries and is a real trooper. I think Alan was fired on the spot as a pit man, but it was determined that Brian won. Kim got her first BONE HEAD.

Jeff Benuzzi---He fought hard in one heat of Jersey Skiff. Cut so many buoys that he earned 19 points for the heat. We noticed that 3 other drivers that did not finish the scored higher (25 points). Bam--Bonehead!

Paul Bychowski---In one heat of B hydro, he hit the clock. Boat broke in half and the motor plus the back half sank. One or two laps later, I think it was Francois came around and ran over the fronts that were still floating. BONE HEAD to Paul for that one! He even dove in later but could not find what sank.

Stu Barr---I was a little cramped for space. I put my 60 boat in my wife's car to get it out of the way on Saturday evening. She had to go home Saturday evening. When she came back on Sunday, no 60 boat in car. I sheepishly went up to the judges to say I have to scratch 60. They asked why. So, I told them that my boat is in my shop in Greenfield. My best friend, BRUCE JACOBS, immediately nominated me for the BH award. Nominations were closed. Thanks buddy.

Ron Jefferson---I think is was the last round of B Hydro. He went out 1-2 heats before he should of. No one noticed. Scored some points even. He came to us and told us what happened. We asked if the pit man checked him in--said no. It was too funny, but we admired his character for calling this our attention. Got a better place in the proper heat, HOWEVER, got at Bone Head for that one!

I am proud to now be a part of an "SPECIAL" crowd. My award will be on display.

I parked the boat after that buoy cut. What you dont see is I cut thru 2 more buoy right off the launch. Pit man was trying to avoid all the crap in the water and threw me straight at the turn. It lit up and turn thru buoy 1 and 2. No way to win at that point. So she was parked. Sam hit something in the back shoot with his turn fin and snapped it in half right between the booms. I need to run my twin more. I had tuning issues with it most of the week. Basically just guessing. Trying to remember what I did a year ago when I ran it last. LOL. I sure wish we had some racing like F or twin in my area. LOVE IT. Aint nothin better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stu Ya might consider displaying your bone head towl for the first day of next years race..... seeing as you made the group =)

That didn't take long!

Yeah, the other one was kinda beyond repair. I really should have gotten a shot of it after you showed it to me.

Poor Steve Ball didn't have a shot at the Bonehead towel as Stu didn't offer it when he hit a cement piling at the gazebo at WOT and it was the only boat that he brought that year. He still stuck around as his motel room was already paid for and ended up by helping out a lot of other racers that weekend.

It's one of the "awards" that nobody tries for. Dunlap kept his hidden under his apron.
default_biggrin.png

Poor Steve Ball didn't have a shot at the Bonehead towel as Stu didn't offer it when he hit a cement piling at the gazebo at WOT and it was the only boat that he brought that year. He still stuck around as his motel room was already paid for and ended up by helping out a lot of other racers that weekend.

It's one of the "awards" that nobody tries for. Dunlap kept his hidden under his apron.
default_biggrin.png
That apron is handy because most of the time I forget to zip my trousers.

JD

Back