Hitec Lynx 4S radio with telemetry

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobHorowitz

Hi Folks,

Anyone out there using the Hitec Lynx 4S radio with the Proton receiver.with the telemetry. I'm thinking it might a good to gather data about boat performance. Particularly speed and temps. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob

I have one as well as 2 others I run with. Zero issues. I use the temp. Rpm and the GPS is built in so it's always used.

As far as range. It our performs futaba in both telemetry range and operating range. We did a range test ourselves. The futaba quit at around 1300 ft. At 1800 ft when testing the Hitec we quit. Lol. That's right at 50% more range and it still functioned perfectly. Including the telemetry.

Zero issues.

The only negative I have on it is it is harder to link receivers then futaba.

Also the temp and rpm is real time only. Does not save highest temp or rpm. The GPS does hold the highest speed.

I have one too, with the GPS reciever. Danny's right the linking is harder. Mainly because it doesn't quite happen the way it says in the manual. It's actually quick to link. But because it happens in a different order was left questioning it, when actually it was linked perfectly. Have had zero problems with range. Did change the reciever aerial for a longer one as the one it comes with is crazily short. The GPS reciever is a real gem. It's so small, and the data is consistent. I really like the setup and would recommend it for sure.

Phill

Hi folks,

I really appreciate the responses. I think I'll wait a couple more days to see if anyone else chimes in. Given what I have heard I think I'll go for it. It seems to be the only one with GPS included.

Regards,

Bob

Just curious, which Futaba system are you comparing the Lynx to?
The 4pl and the 4pk 1000' and 1200'
One thing you all forgot to mention is that the 4PLS DOES NOT HAVE GPS AS A FUNCTION. It only has secondary and receiver battery, RPM and engine temperature. If you are looking for something that will give you speed, you need to look at Eagle Tree products

Or,better still, you don't worry about watching your radio and just race. Who really cares about what your boat tops out at, you only need to go fast enough to win anyway.

Guys,

I just want the data when testing props and such. Like you say Mark, I won't be watching my radio when I'm racing. Where I live, I don't have anyone to go heads up against on a regular basis.

Better yet just let the people buying something utilize things the way they want to. Why is it so many people want to tell people what they should want or do???

Exactly what he said. He wants it for testing. Same exact reason I wanted all the telemetry. There is far more to boating then racing.

So many experts so little time.

Just bought the Hitec and the GPS function works very well. A nice real time tool. I have owned Nomadios in the past and the sensors for temp and RPM are a pain to keep working. Temp is very useful and RPM is more nice to know info. The stop watch is still the best tool for heat racing prop selection. That said the real time speedo will help with off the corner and mid straightaway readings. Top speed either GPS or radar tells your fastest prop but the stop watch will show you a prop 5mph slower that may turn a faster time. The Hitec will be a useful tool in the bag. The radio has more features than a boat needs and one nice one is real time receiver voltage. As you turn the wheel you see the working voltage drop witch can show you a need for changing or charging a pack between heats when you might not want to untape a box, but need to.

Mic

Instruction manual is on a disc and kind of vague at times.

Guys,

I appreciate all the feedback. I ordered the radio. Should be in today. Besides the GPS, I think the temperature feature should be useful as well.

Thanks,

Bob

Hitec works really well for me! Love it in my scale Temp and GPS work great For testing you can put the speed on audio so you can just listen to it and make needle adjustments without looking down !!!

Hitec works really well for me! Love it in my scale Temp and GPS work great For testing you can put the speed on audio so you can just listen to it and make needle adjustments without looking down !!!
How accurate would you say the GPS is Brian

Last edited by a moderator:
Back