Hardware

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

synthon

Guys, I wonder if you can help me with something. I need a source for head screws for my NR, I think they are 3 mm diameter (please let me know if I'm wrong) but I want ones loner than stock, like 20 mm in length.

Thanks,

Rick

P.S. Where do you guys get your harware for your boating applications?

My local hobby supply has very little stuff for boats, so usually I check out the bolt, nut, screw supply houses in my area that supply to industry, sometimes their is a min. order and you might have to buy a box of 50 pieces,

just depends.

Gene ;D

I did some research and the bolts are as I thought, not 3mm, but 3.5 if you are running a .21. You should have been more specific. I hate the stock ones that are the standard screw driver head. I always change them to the allen type before I even mount them in my boat. If you go to a hobby shop that carrys O.S engines, and parts. You can use the allen head screws for the exhaust manifold on an O.S. VRM-81. That's what I do, And they work perfect. They come in packs of 2 as well, so you wont have to buy a whole box of them.

Good luck! Hammer

May I add, the rear and front case bolts are 2.6mm and you might as well change those too. Hammer

FYI,

After hunting the web, I found an excellent supplier for the screws I was looking for. They have both metric and standard, stainless and alloy, bulk discounts as well. My order was delivered in two days (they're in NJ) and the product is of high quality. Prices and quantities are reasonable for the hobbyist. Check out:

http://www.microfasteners.com

Oh yeah, they ship international.

Rick

Back