Grimracer Kits

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EatMyShortsRacing

Well by now there may have been a hint that EMS Racing was adding a tunnel to the fleet.... That rumour can now be confirmed. Only coz I got my new boat kit in the mail yesterday (Thanx Paul).... I opened it up and there was a big surprise so since I was going to make this observation here it does obviously follow that I now have a 3.5 tunnell kit....

So what was my expectation getting a kit boat???? Well either one of two things... either 4 bits to put together with a bit of glueing and painting and up and running in a few days..... Or 4 sheets of ply with printing where to cut and looking forward to the sound of my Dremel Scrollsaw for the next 3 weeks... and the hope that a t the end of the project the result vaguely approximates the picture on the box....

First thing that came out of the box was the cowl. Now I like cowls!!! Everyone who heard my rant on Hummingbird cowls will know it took a year and Nitrocrazed finally sending me a cowl just to shut me up!!! So this cowl looks pretty good... solid... and functional :)

Then underneath.... all that timber!!!! Initial heart attack suddenly turns to one big grin!!!! all the pieces are (lazer???) cut and 95% of the pieces are easy to remove purely by hand!!!!! A few require the use of a hobby knife just to be sure but I had all the parts out and ready for assembly in about half an hour!!!! I sorta panicked when I saw the radio box had two faces meaning the perspex lid would need a fold so it would follow the contour of the box.... and then found the radio box lid and guess what??? It already had the fold done!!! Brilliant!!!! Its little detail like that that would reeeeeeeeeeely piss you off if it wasnt there...

I will be starting to glue this weekend but from the looks of this kit I can say two things.... Firstly this is definitely value for money, and Secondly this is a well thought out kit with construction ideas that make it easy to assemble. The instructions are good and the lazer cutting is awesome!!!!

Will give progress reports on the assembly.... but so far I am very impressed with this kit!!!! Yeah I know this sounds like an ad... but seriously I did buy this kit (me? sponsored driver?? never!!!) and I was so pleasantly surprised with this kit I thought I should say something :)

Craig,

I have built 2 of Grim's kits myself - Villain S1 and Nemesis.

I second your comments regarding PSRP kits. -Didn't take me 2 days to build,paint and put on the water though. <_<

And with Paul Stirton as Aussie distributor, things are looking up for .21 tunnel in Oz :D :D

Any questions don't hestiate to ask me - I'll help you out where I can. Mike is quite willing to help if you have any questions as well. I bounced a few questions off him, and he was more than happy to help, and replied to my e-mails almost immediately.

Gino

Last edited by a moderator:
Kris Flynn said:
PSRP Kits are Great!! I also built one of my Villains from scratch!
Just think you will get to drive one at the Vic Champs Craig ;-)

Kris

113077[/snapback]

now I just need an engine :)

EatMyShortsRacing said:
Kris Flynn said:
PSRP Kits are Great!! I also built one of my Villains from scratch!
Just think you will get to drive one at the Vic Champs Craig ;-)

Kris

113077[/snapback]

now I just need an engine :)

113079[/snapback]

Craig I have just about finished my nemessis. Im never looking back. Excelent kit to build.

Got you PM but I could not reply as your mail box is full. PM me your addy and I will send something in the mail.

Dave

i saw the original nemesis, piloted by the grim one, run 4 weeks ago and it was flawless.......

Crag,

Thanks a bunch.. The kits we make are to us a very important part of the business. Quality is a big deal and the darn thing needs to be easy and fun to build.

Me.. i open the box and see many little things that i would change or do different. This thought is an on going thought and its one that racers like us share.

Dont know if you know it or not but we are very, very proud to have offered the kits over the last few years. Building a wood boat is not for everyone and thats OK.. we stuck to our guns.. spent a TON of money and you now have what we feel is the best wood model boat kit ever offered to the tunnel boat racer.

take your time

Enjoy the build

ask if you have any questions

ROCK ON

Grimracer

Grimracer said:
Crag,
Thanks a bunch.. The kits we make are to us a very important part of the business. Quality is a big deal and the darn thing needs to be easy and fun to build.

Me.. i open the box and see many little things that i would change or do different. This thought is an on going thought and its one that racers like us share.

Dont know if you know it or not but we are very, very proud to have offered the kits over the last few years. Building a wood boat is not for everyone and thats OK.. we stuck to our guns.. spent a TON of money and you now have what we feel is the best wood model boat kit ever offered to the tunnel boat racer.

take your time

Enjoy the build

ask if you have any questions

ROCK ON

Grimracer

113127[/snapback]

:) I have been having a ball just prepping all the bits and checing how it all goes together...

THE best kit I have ever seen by miles!!!

... and no it wont be ready for the vic champs.... few too many other projects on the go and I do wanna build this boat right!!! (I can see a bit of Queensryche or Accept playing in the background when I build this!!! )

:p

(I can see a bit of Queensryche or Accept playing in the background when I build this!!! )
ACCEPT!! I forgot about those guys!

Propjockey Racing...get your b@!!$ to the wall!

Propjockey said:
(I can see a bit of Queensryche or Accept playing in the background when I build this!!! )
ACCEPT!! I forgot about those guys!

Propjockey Racing...get your b@!!$ to the wall!

113296[/snapback]

I actually liked their earlier stuff better.... from the album with the chick holding a BMF Chainsaw... :)

Back