Greensboro, NC IMPBA race results

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought I would wait until I had the whole story, so.........

Have you ever heard of a "blend door" within the plenum of a car's AC system? If not, it is a door that will open according to your temperature control setting and blend air from the evaporator and heater core. Well, mine broke as I left the race and all it would blow was full bore heat. Therefore, no air except for the windows being rolled down on th 4 1/2 hour ride home. Also, the entire dash had to be removed to replace this $35 item. :angry:

I do a lot of them on the late Jag sedans, 2 days and $2500 later the air works great again. The last I saw of you, you were lost in Stokesdale.

Mike B

Mike,

Actually, by that time the climate control panel, radio, glove box, and lower trim panel had been removed from the dash in hopes of finding the actuator. And I am not kidding.

Preston_Hall said:
Have you ever heard of a "blend door" within the plenum of a car's AC system? If not, it is a door that will open according to your temperature control setting and blend air from the evaporator and heater core. Well, mine broke as I left the race and all it would blow was full bore heat. Therefore, no air except for the windows being rolled down on th 4 1/2 hour ride home. Also, the entire dash had to be removed to replace this $35 item.  :angry:

107731[/snapback]

When you were following me out from the race I was wondering why you had the windows down. Now I know and I can only feel for the two of you during that ride home. Thank goodness we were cool.

Anybody see the forecast for the IMPBA I'nats for the weekend? Fri/Sat/Sun high 90's with mid 90's on Mon. Like a steam bath.

Preston_Hall said:
Have you ever heard of a "blend door" within the plenum of a car's AC system? If not, it is a door that will open according to your temperature control setting and blend air from the evaporator and heater core. Well, mine broke as I left the race and all it would blow was full bore heat. Therefore, no air except for the windows being rolled down on th 4 1/2 hour ride home. Also, the entire dash had to be removed to replace this $35 item.  :angry:

107731[/snapback]

Is that why I saw you pull over at that fire house??? :blink:

Preston_Hall said:

107731[/snapback]

Well at least you had been standing out in the blistering heat for 3 days so that window breeze probably felt semi good. :blink:

Scott

Scooter12195 said:
Preston_Hall said:

107731[/snapback]

Well at least you had been standing out in the blistering heat for 3 days so that window breeze probably felt semi good. :blink:

Scott

107755[/snapback]

And they're lucky to have gone home when they did, it was even worse here on Monday.

Scott, get that D mono ready, I'm meeting Jarvis tomorrow morning. I'm also getting some of that super high test fuel from him. Doesn't seem right to feed those things the 15% that I use in my planes. :)

piper_chuck said:
Scooter12195 said:
Preston_Hall said:

107731[/snapback]

Scott

107755[/snapback]

And they're lucky to have gone home when they did, it was even worse here on Monday.

Scott, get that D mono ready, I'm meeting Jarvis tomorrow morning. I'm also getting some of that super high test fuel from him. Doesn't seem right to feed those things the 15% that I use in my planes. :)

107761[/snapback]

Yea Chuck!! I have some Nitro Competition again!!! Feed em some good fuel and get used to huggin those Bouys!!! Looking Forward to it!! :D :D

Scott

Scooter12195 said:
Yea Chuck!! I have some Nitro Competition again!!! Feed em some good fuel and get used to huggin those Bouys!!!  Looking Forward to it!! :D   :D
Not sure if I'll be competition or fodder. :) You saw my driving. I think I need to get used to not hugging (or should I say jumping) the bouys. Besides, what am I going to do without your expert guidance?

Preston_Hall said:
Mike,Actually, by that time the climate control panel, radio, glove box, and lower trim panel had been removed from the dash in hopes of finding the actuator. And I am not kidding.

107738[/snapback]

Preston, you should have clamped the hose feeding hot water to the interior. Vise grips or a C-clamp would do it.

Mike T. said:
Preston_Hall said:
Mike,Actually, by that time the climate control panel, radio, glove box, and lower trim panel had been removed from the dash in hopes of finding the actuator. And I am not kidding.

107738[/snapback]

Preston, you should have clamped the hose feeding hot water to the interior. Vise grips or a C-clamp would do it.

107816[/snapback]

Mike,

Vise grips? C-clamps? I am not running gas yet so those tools are not in my box. :lol: :lol: :lol:

We use the c-clamps to keep the table cloth from blowing away. Two mini vise grips make nice clamps to hang the "Gasoline Alley" sign from the canopy. Or to open the imported beers that don't have a twist-off cap. :p

Sorry I had said anything but my computer got a bug and I had to put it in the shop. I would like to think everybody for coming out to the race, like mike said it wouldn't been a good race with out you guys supporting it. Just to let you guy know the pond will be up for next years race,and I like to say thanks to all the guys that come out to the race.

Mike Hemric said:
Sorry I had said anything but my computer got a bug and I had to put it in the shop. I would like to think everybody for coming out to the race, like mike said it wouldn't been a good race with out you guys supporting it. Just to let you guy know the pond will be up for next years race,and I like to say thanks to all the guys that come out to the race.
108753[/snapback]

And like I said before, thanks for having us! :)

I have 2 suggestions for next years race:

1. Import some cooler weather.

2. Get rid of that beaver. It is going to cost me 220.00 for a new set of sponsons for Ryan's rigger after hitting that beaver. I will repair the damaged one for a backup spare but not sure I want it for a front line one. I have done it for me however so time will tell.

Had a good time anyway racing among friends again - old and new ones.

John Knight said:
1.  Import some cooler weather.

2.  Get rid of that beaver.  It is going to cost me 220.00 for a new set of sponsons for Ryan's rigger after hitting that beaver.  I will repair the damaged one for a backup spare but not sure I want it for a front line one.  I have done it for me however so time will tell.

108761[/snapback]

You didn't hit a beaver, you hit some of his handiwork. :p

Don Ferrette said:
John Knight said:
1.  Import some cooler weather.

2.  Get rid of that beaver.  It is going to cost me 220.00 for a new set of sponsons for Ryan's rigger after hitting that beaver.  I will repair the damaged one for a backup spare but not sure I want it for a front line one.  I have done it for me however so time will tell.

108761[/snapback]

You didn't hit a beaver, you hit some of his handiwork. :p

108762[/snapback]

Not so sure about that. Mike Byer said he didn't see anything in the water, surface or subsurface, at all around the area his boat stopped and the beaver stays over that side most of the time. Grant you the evidence is circumstantial and there is the absence of beaver hair (behave guys!). Draw your own conclusions. Think I just gave another idea for a new thread.

Back