good prop for a K&B 7.5

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michael logrande

hi...im running the stock yellow plastic prop on my K&B 7.5 outboard. what would be a good start size for that outboard on 50% nitro

thanks...mike

Mike,

A Prather S230 or Octura X447 are good props to start with, I run a mod S230 on my K&B Red head. Works great!

Mike,

Is your engine water cooled, or air cooled?

Water cooled; Octura x-447, Prather 230

Air cooled(pro); Octura x-448,x-450,and 1450, Prather 235 , ABC 50x69.

There are many different versions of these props done by Andy Brown, Mark Sholund, and myself.

Jimmy Johnson

hi guys...thanks for all the info. its a water cooled 7.5 on a prather 32 racing tunnel. its just a fun boat and want it to run at its best.

thanks again...mike

hi guys...thanks for all the info. its a water cooled 7.5 on a prather 32 racing tunnel. its just a fun boat and want it to run at its best.

thanks again...mike
that was my first boat(lap cat 2) with a red head pro, too much motor for the hull, would hit 50 mph and do something stupid, i ran a prather 235 and that prop worked well. you will not be happy if you mod that motor for more power, that hull likes stock power, i put that redhead on a leecraft 460 and what an awesome package. good luck, you will have some fun with that boat

hey guys...thanks again for all the prop info. the boat for me is just something to run for fun but i dont like the stock plastic prop. i dont think i will ever race this old of a design but who nows. all i could run find for fuel is grimracer 50% for now.

thanks again...mike

Back