Go motor on OS outboard leg

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hesco Racing

Hi,

Just some pics of the mounts I made to fit a GO motor to an OS leg. Have gone through 2 sets of piston and liner on the OS and this motor is the same price as the OS piston and liner. And I have punished this GO and it will not break.

Cobus

Picture 041.jpg

Picture 042.jpg

Picture 043.jpg

Picture 044.jpg

Kind of reminds me of the old in-line 6 cyl mercury look. "Tall". Nice work and very creative. The OS liners tend to delicate especially if you run lean at all. The chrome liners Kris Flynn sells are cheaper than the stock nicosil and probably will outlast 2-3 of them.

Mic

I machine a piece of 14mm across flat hex with the 1/4x28 thread one side and have a square spark eroded in to the other side. Will post pictures when they return from the sparking guys.

Started the motor this afternoon with the car pipe and sound very strong even thought the pipe is all of 235mm plug to fattest part, which I think is a bit long for the engine but hope it makes some nice torque so I can spin some descent props. We race a tight M shaped course so acceleration out the corners is more importent than straight line speed. And this is a test. The actual .21ci motor is on it's way.

I would like this one

http://www.go-engine.com/in-products/26-MR2100-P60HOS.htm

But all I can get is this one for now

http://www.go-engine.com/in-products/27-MR217P-P620OS.htm

More revs but no pull start and having it is such a treat.

Cobus

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I saw that. Neatly done. I have noticed something which I will machine into the mounts tomorow. More clearance for the belt. As you will see unlike yours I have made and adaptor plate to keep the bolt spacing the same as the K&B 7.5 leg. I suspect that this motor once it runs right is going to destroy the OS shafts. And the K&B has a much stronger shaft and the leg dimensions is close to the OS.

Cobus

Yes I saw that. Neatly done. I have noticed something which I will machine into the mounts tomorow. More clearance for the belt. As you will see unlike yours I have made and adaptor plate to keep the bolt spacing the same as the K&B 7.5 leg. I suspect that this motor once it runs right is going to destroy the OS shafts. And the K&B has a much stronger shaft and the leg dimensions is close to the OS.

Cobus
Kris was kind enough to build me a couple shafts for the OS lower. I hope they hold up to the OS power I'm expecting from the buggy motor. I'll keep you posted after I've run it a few times.

best of luck with your conversion.

regards

jack

What exactly are these GO motors? This is the 2nd one I've heard of recently. The other one was converted to an outboard with a nova rossi outboard crank. Are they new or popular with the car guys or what's the story behind them?

-Mitch

If you hit the links above you'll see their web site. At a stage their was a Go-marine USA but their site does not work anymore. Don't confuse them with the Go-Tech motor that looks the same but is no way the same quality.

Cobus

What exactly are these GO motors? This is the 2nd one I've heard of recently. The other one was converted to an outboard with a nova rossi outboard crank. Are they new or popular with the car guys or what's the story behind them?

-Mitch
Mitch,

The GO 21's I've seen are a Taiwanese clone of earlier generation L/S Nova's. So much so that the parts from one brand fit in the other and vice versa.

Tim

Tim is correct, very close to a early Nova made in Taiwan, I've been running the inboard for about a year and so far the motor has proved very strong and "touch wood" no real problems to date. A lot of Truggy/Buggy guys are running them down here also with some success, it also helps that the local distributor has really got behind the product as well.

As noted I've just used one of Mark Leydes Nova Rossi conversion kits to make one a O/B.... early days yet but if it's anything like the inboard it should be a good thing.

www.go-engine.com and if you can't get them in the US, I'm sure Mark @ www.massivemods.com will be more than happy to organise shipment to you, just be aware he may need permission to from "GO" to ship outside of OZ.

Full disclosure here: I do receive some support from MassiveMods with my motors and fuel (although I pay for them in full) but I have no direct factory support.....

Last edited by a moderator:
I noticed while looking thru Go 21 parts at amainhobbies they call their head buttons "burn room".

Yo thats what Ofna called their head buttons if I remember right Yo

j-dub yo

Mounted the unit onto the boat and will be testing on Saturday. Motor sounds nice and strong and with the long pipe is still very responsive.

Cobus

P3186595.JPG

P3186597.JPG

P3186599.JPG

P3186601.JPG

Some more pics of a Rossi inboard motor mounted on a leg. Only made the mounts and Wennie the boat's owner did the rest.

IMG_2024.jpg

IMG_2023.jpg

IMG_2027.jpg

IMG_2032.jpg

Back