Glow Plug And Gasoline!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Brown

How much more simple could it get?

No hard to get nitro fuel!

No bulky ignition system!

Glow plugs will have long life on gas!

Maybe 15 years ago I saw a fellow club member remove the spark plug from his Zenoah, fit an adaptor to the spark plug thread, then start and run the Zenoah with a glow plug. No other changes. The engine started and ran okay but the performance was noticably worse on the water. He went back to using the spark ignition!

Maybe 15 years ago I saw a fellow club member remove the spark plug from his Zenoah, fit an adaptor to the spark plug thread, then start and run the Zenoah with a glow plug. No other changes. The engine started and ran okay but the performance was noticably worse on the water. He went back to using the spark ignition!
I guess the problem with using a glow plug is that you're at the mercy of the plug's temperature for your ignition timing. guessing it ends up being way behind a properly set up spark ignition system?

I guess the problem with using a glow plug is that you're at the mercy of the plug's temperature for your ignition timing. guessing it ends up being way behind a properly set up spark ignition system?
Or.........perhaps it's a just matter of getting the right combustion camber and the right glow plug. Novel thought huh?

Maybe, but sounds like it may not be as simple as you suggested in your first post then!
default_ph34r.png

Latest posts

Back