Gas Tunnels ? s

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks like the gearbox that holds the 1/4 scale servo .the 5685 or the 7950 gearbox uses a standard size servo .look them up on the website you'll see the dimensions and gear ratio differences also .i run a 5685 with 7.1 ratio i found it to slow so im changing to the 7950 for more strength and faster reaction. I have a gs480 and no radio box problems

I am asking gas tunnel racers for opinions. The current thoughts are:

Boat. IMPBA legal tunnel. Minimum length 38 inches, maximum length 60 inches, maximum weight 25lbs.

Engine, any gasoline, spark ignition, naturally aspirated internal combustion engine. Two or four cycle maximum displacement 36cc

Fuel. Pump gasoline only

IMG_1048.JPGIMG_1047.JPGGilbert let me send you some pic on the insane setup with the servo city mega servo. the servo will set just in front of the outboard

and this will help with the balance. forget the turn fin it does nothing for the insane tunnel except kills speed.

you will have to make extended runners for both sponson's this will help it turn.

also forget any gear drives they don't work,stay with the cable and if you go Lawless PM Ron Shaw and he can help with not breaking cables. best bet is to find a Joe Caligero drive.

Apologize to Bruce Clark for stealing your topic.

I guess I will start another topic to discuss on Gas tunnel boat gear installation.

No apology needed. I'm was trying to learn more about gas tunnels and would like very much to see more of them running. It has been good for all of us to learn from the people that have already done it. Some do it better than others but that is true about everything. Hopefully someone else has learned from this thread as well as I have. All my questions still hasn't been answered but a lot of them have. I would like to say Thanks to all the people that has responded and wish them a very good 2016 season racing.

I am new to Gasoline Outboard tunnel boats as well, do appreciate any bits of information, even though have been running Gasoline for more than 20 years.

Bruce, you have a PM.

Gilbert

50 inch is plenty 30 cc ish is plenty again the right hull and setup time will put you in the hunt again if you can't turn right at full throttle change something I don't think that the turnfin is the answer a play boat and a race boat are not the same thing

Insane hull - Lawless Drive - Quickdraw Hot Pipe - Zenoah 300PUM with Gizmotors Top End Kit - Servo City Gear Drive - Savox servo's. Boat runs and handles good,still looking for right prop.I also added a home made turn-fin after talking to Steve at Insane,really helped! Only one other Gas tunnel in our club so not a lot to compare it to.
Mike,

Where do you get the OB engine (Mercury EFI) cowling ?

Gilbert

Insane hull - Lawless Drive - Quickdraw Hot Pipe - Zenoah 300PUM with Gizmotors Top End Kit - Servo City Gear Drive - Savox servo's. Boat runs and handles good,still looking for right prop.I also added a home made turn-fin after talking to Steve at Insane,really helped! Only one other Gas tunnel in our club so not a lot to compare it to.
Mike,

What is the CG of your Insane boat ?

Gilbert

So Fellas,

What propellers have you all been running besides:

Prather 265,270

Octura X-467, X-470 reduced diameter and Lynx-Cut trailing edges

Anyone try any ABC's yet? 2515,2615, or 2719? Just Curious?

Thanks For Sharing Ahead Of Time,

Mark Sholund

Props-4-U

231-590-3023

Last edited by a moderator:
Im interested in a recommended prop for mine i have a gs480 with a 29.5 high timing motor .i tried a x470 back cut rounded ears and couldn't spin it .im currently running a 6717 3 blade 405 and i still don't get the revs im wanting .i run a lawless lower.

LOL Buddy that's funny!

I run the 6717, but totally different than the Bob Austin as I have his,but lacks 5 MPH.

everything else i will keep to my self,so i can unleash on Buddy Lowe the man to beat.

Back