My new R-42 Cat

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edward Drock

I just wanted to give a big shout out to Wayne from AC Model Boats for my new R-42 Cat he just finished for me. Great price/ fast shipping and Quality work on this cat!! I'll be using my J&G Pro30 in it. should be fun!!

Thanks again Wayne!!

Attachments

• R-42 Cat.jpg
    R-42 Cat.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 20230323_112231.jpg
    20230323_112231.jpg
    629 KB · Views: 0
Edward you bought the highest quality boat you can buy. I have looked at a lot of other boats , but they just don't have the clean great running quality of the ac model boats.
I set my standards with ac boats & I feel any other boat company or person selling rc boats should have the standards & quality that ac has. That's why you bought the best in our hobby. You will win a lot of races.

I just wanted to give a big shout out to Wayne from AC Model Boats for my new R-42 Cat he just finished for me. Great price/ fast shipping and Quality work on this cat!! I'll be using my J&G Pro30 in it. should be fun!!

Thanks again Wayne!!
I love mine, Hanson 29.5, had Wayne install the strut, rudder bracket & blue print the bottom. This is my first gas boat. Get with Bob Austin about a prop it's the 300R 3 blade.
Been a nitro tunnel guy for 35 yrs.

Attachments

• 20230823_204048.jpg
    20230823_204048.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 1
  • 20230823_204033.jpg
    20230823_204033.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 1
  • 20230817_152426.jpg
    20230817_152426.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
I love mine, Hanson 29.5, had Wayne install the strut, rudder bracket & blue print the bottom. This is my first gas boat. Get with Bob Austin about a prop it's the 300R 3 blade.
Been a nitro tunnel guy for 35 yrs.
How are you holding the hatch cover on? Wayne said he uses tape but I'm thinking magnets. I see the rinds for the back that's what I have I'm talking about the front.

Use 1 in wide clear tape as a hinge. But stop first layer at each edge of hatch, next layer in front on top extend it apart that for more strength. Then open hatch letting it lay on front, then starting at the deck taping inside up to inside of hatch doing multiple layers for strength. No pins in front to break out of the lid from vibration besides its not very thick. As tape gets soked with gas just pull off & wash off glue from tape then retape... I'm out of town or I'd send you some pic's. Or call Wayne Farrell

Well I'm going to try 3/4" earth magnets in the front instead of all that tape. I like doing R&D to see if we can in proof things in this hobby. In the worst case I'll have to use the tape but when racing that seems to me like a big waste of time and tape. I'll post photos here when i'm done and how it worked.
Thanks for all the info.
Ed

Well I'm going to try 3/4" earth magnets in the front instead of all that tape. I like doing R&D to see if we can in proof things in this hobby. In the worst case I'll have to use the tape but when racing that seems to me like a big waste of time and tape. I'll post photos here when i'm done and how it worked.
Thanks for all the info.
Ed
Tape it like Alan, and it doesnt need taken off very often. Acts like a hinge.

Be aure to keep us up to date on magnets!

Back